This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Project Eternity Teaser Trailer

#21FenriswolfPosted 12/11/2013 12:32:40 AM
No turn based combat = instant purchase
---
Hello
#22Golden_GonadsPosted 12/11/2013 2:19:31 AM
Pillars of Eternity. Not Project: Eternity.
#23akuma634Posted 12/11/2013 2:28:26 AM
MangorushXIII posted...
Watch it end up being 10-12 hours long like Shadowrun Returns with very little things to do in it.

Are you serious? Game length doesn't dictate quality. With Shadow Returns how does have little to do? There's the main campaign and then there's the creation tools that anybody can use which is loaded with fan created stories. I saw somebody working on a complete remake of the SNES Shadowrun using the tools. Shadowrun Returns has a lot to offer and the creation tools open up limitless replay value so who cares about game length, especially when it's not even a freaking $60 game made on a 100 million dollar budget.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
http://i.imgur.com/gKc40ul.jpg?1
#24dekouPosted 12/11/2013 2:57:52 AM
Golden_Gonads posted...

It's the same game. Project Eternity was the original working title.
#25Golden_GonadsPosted 12/11/2013 3:38:27 AM
dekou posted...
Golden_Gonads posted...

It's the same game. Project Eternity was the original working title.

Aye, I know. But I thought I'd mention it anyway as no-one else here had got around to it yet.
#26uncleePosted 12/11/2013 5:19:24 AM
Looks great to me. I've seen people all over the internet complaining about the graphics. I think a lot of people fail to realize that, considering the size this game is supposed to be, the budget they have to work with is tiny.

Considering what they're showing and knowing they only had so much money, I'd say it looks damn good.
#27Arsene-LupinPosted 12/11/2013 11:04:26 AM
I honestly think the game looks gorgeous.

Even the spell effects. Ever since ID2 I've been waiting for a fantasy RPG to replicate those grandoise, over-the-top spell effects, but most games just go really conservative with magic effects these days. Hell, look at the spell effects in Dragon Age Origins--they were less impressive than BG1. So I'm absolutely loving what I'm seeing.

The environments look particularly beautiful, I think.

I fail to see how anyone who's fond of the classic isometric CRPGs can fail to be absolutely impressed by Eternity.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#28GTL581Posted 12/11/2013 11:20:08 AM
After having just recently replayed through baldur's gate, this really looks fantastic. Sure the graphics don't look groundbreaking, but it looks like an infinity engine game in 3d, and a good one at that. I'm get total BG nostalgia giddiness every time i hear new things about it
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add