This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is this an okay gaming mouse?

#11Kokuei05Posted 12/11/2013 12:03:07 AM
From: DV8ingSources | Posted: 12/11/2013 1:09:59 AM | #010
Clouddx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
fuzzyman posted...
am I the only cracker that likes acceleration?

I don't like it but when its like .5% like some laser sensors, its something you can easily get used to/overlook without worry.

The whole it needs to be optical and have 0 this or that is so overblown amongst fanatics its insane.

It deftly does make a difference when you're playing an FPS game that requires you to aim precisely every time.

The acceleration never changes... You can get used to what speed of movement correlates to whatever degrees. Yes its an extra variable but its not some random addition. So now speed of movement needs to be accounted for and with time, muscle memory will take just as it would with a perfect sensor.

... That's the point to having no acceleration. To be consistent without the notion of adding extra variables.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#12taco_ninja393Posted 12/11/2013 12:15:16 AM
Yeah, playing any FPS with acceleration is the worst.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#13DV8ingSourcesPosted 12/11/2013 12:30:51 AM
Kokuei05 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
fuzzyman posted...
am I the only cracker that likes acceleration?

I don't like it but when its like .5% like some laser sensors, its something you can easily get used to/overlook without worry.

The whole it needs to be optical and have 0 this or that is so overblown amongst fanatics its insane.

It deftly does make a difference when you're playing an FPS game that requires you to aim precisely every time.

The acceleration never changes... You can get used to what speed of movement correlates to whatever degrees. Yes its an extra variable but its not some random addition. So now speed of movement needs to be accounted for and with time, muscle memory will take just as it would with a perfect sensor.

... That's the point to having no acceleration. To be consistent without the notion of adding extra variables.

And my point is it's possible to become just as accurate with it, it will just likely take a little longer. Sensitivity is far far more important for accuracy.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#14Kokuei05Posted 12/11/2013 9:03:24 AM
From: DV8ingSources | Posted: 12/11/2013 2:30:51 AM | #013
Kokuei05 posted...
Clouddx posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

And my point is it's possible to become just as accurate with it, it will just likely take a little longer. Sensitivity is far far more important for accuracy.

"Deal with it"

BTW; sensitivity is affected horribly worse with acceleration. You can't get used to speeds when they're unpredictable in different situations.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#15Dipfoot20Posted 12/11/2013 11:08:05 AM
thatfool12Gs posted...
If it's not a Deathadder it has a flawed sensor and will not be good for FPS.

Studies show this mouse has 1% acceleration, and .25% smoothing, even when turned off.

Instead get a mouse with a flawless sensor.

Not true. There are a few other mice with flawless sensors. Logitechs g400s is one of them and for my money a much better buy as the build quality is better than the deathadder.
---
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af50/benek00/silvarockstar.gif
#16thatfool12GsPosted 12/11/2013 8:54:29 PM
Dipfoot20 posted...
thatfool12Gs posted...
If it's not a Deathadder it has a flawed sensor and will not be good for FPS.

Studies show this mouse has 1% acceleration, and .25% smoothing, even when turned off.

Instead get a mouse with a flawless sensor.

Not true. There are a few other mice with flawless sensors. Logitechs g400s is one of them and for my money a much better buy as the build quality is better than the deathadder.

It was an inside joke for a buddy of mine.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU