This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia = FINISHED

#21r0ge00Posted 12/11/2013 10:41:49 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
I was running Arkham Origins just fine on my 460 with the latest Nvidia drivers. 60FPs constant and it looks beautiful at 1920x1200.

Not sure what you mean by 'stable' because my drivers never crash........

My 460 and my friend's 460 had problems with everything except 314.22. I haven't tried the latest beta drivers that supposedly finally fixed that though. Either way, 8+ months of drivers have been useless.
#22Lonestar2000Posted 12/11/2013 10:50:38 AM
How about posting a source that is not a tweet?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#23thegreatsquarePosted 12/11/2013 10:55:17 AM
Now it is mostly an issue with mining capabilities. Wait until BF4 gets Mantle update, then Thief comes out in February using it too. Those benchmarks are going to say a lot. EA and Square-Enix/Eidos are on board. I expect Ubisoft will follow since they've had a lot of "Gaming Evolved" titles. Crysis 3 and Bioshock: Infinite were too. It is because it is all AMD in the consoles and AMD is making the most of it.

Intel and Microsoft will have some trouble headed their way too with HSA and SteamOS as the SteamOS will support both HSA and Mantle. That is a fast path to game compatibility,
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#24EternalFlame66Posted 12/11/2013 11:35:15 AM
r0ge00 posted...
HydroCannabinol posted...
I was running Arkham Origins just fine on my 460 with the latest Nvidia drivers. 60FPs constant and it looks beautiful at 1920x1200.

Not sure what you mean by 'stable' because my drivers never crash........

My 460 and my friend's 460 had problems with everything except 314.22. I haven't tried the latest beta drivers that supposedly finally fixed that though. Either way, 8+ months of drivers have been useless.

My 5750 has problems with everything except 13.4. That's 5+ months of useless drivers.

Looks like a problem both graphics vendors have yet to overcome.
---
Such is your fate.
#25JKatarnPosted 12/11/2013 11:45:22 AM
When are the going to implement a filter that automatically removes all threads with the text "= FINISHED" in the tagline, would certainly cut down on the chaff around here.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#26night_drifter05Posted 12/11/2013 6:42:42 PM
This is like saying Ferrari is going out of business because Chevrolet sell's way more cars. People who can't afford to spend the extra dollars for top of the line will always shell out for a inferior product with similar specs just to save a few bucks. But when you have people who want the best of the best they will spend whatever it takes. Nvidia may not have a huge market share but I guarantee you they are making PLENTY of money.
#27negative4Posted 12/11/2013 7:17:13 PM
Game. Over.night_drifter05 posted...
This is like saying Ferrari is going out of business because Chevrolet sell's way more cars. People who can't afford to spend the extra dollars for top of the line will always shell out for a inferior product with similar specs just to save a few bucks. But when you have people who want the best of the best they will spend whatever it takes. Nvidia may not have a huge market share but I guarantee you they are making PLENTY of money.

I would like some statistical proof please.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
#28SlaynPosted 12/11/2013 7:41:32 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...
Nvidia has the market share among PCs actually used to game: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Which makes up a fraction of all PCs...you're not saying much, and none of it positive for Nvidia. A sale is a sale, it AMD and Nvidia don't care what you do with it.

Do you know how statistics work? They could be highly accurate. Would have to have all the numbers to calculate it, but it should be pretty accurate, considering that Steam has a pretty large user base. You don't need literally every single PC on Earth to calculate percentages, it can be inferred with enough data. Considering that we are talking about gaming PC's ( not your everyday integrated graphics Dell ), using Steam as a base to determine which graphics card is favored is a pretty good start.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#29urtvPosted 12/11/2013 7:52:23 PM
70% of the market yet their stock is still crap.nvidia's stock still cost 4-5x more
#30cmincPosted 12/11/2013 8:24:43 PM
Well it's nice to know that gamers of all shapes, sizes, creeds, income levels and hardware preferences can still argue about the superiority of manufactured things that don't have any interest in loving them back: I was kind of scared I'd miss all the bs pissing contests from console boards when I decided to fall in love with the joys of pc gaming this morning and never look back for anything but nintendo games...

Thanks guys : ) Nothing quite like a heated argument that can't be proven or argued against without rock solid conjecture and reinforced anecdotal hypothesis to make a newbie feel right at home.

Do PC guys argue over fans vs coolant, too, or does most of this sort of thing revolve around a preference for manufacturers?
---
---