This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia = FINISHED

#31TheWhoFanPosted 12/11/2013 11:23:18 PM
@cminc: Let me get this straight. You enter a topic about a certain manufacturer, knowing for sure that people will be commenting on their personal preferences over that type of products. Then you try to sound all high-horsey in an attempt to "school" both sides, showing them how stupid they are and how amazing you are. And you complain about them being "in a pissing contest".

Oh, alright. Thanks, guy. Nothing like an online poster with a superiority complex who wants to troll an entire message board :)

Do you also go to the console boards to show them the error of their ways, with their console wars and whatnot? Gosh, you're so awesome!
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#32ShioonVailgloryPosted 12/11/2013 11:27:58 PM
Nvidoomed topic. Original. I'll care never.
#33_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/12/2013 2:55:37 AM
"since September", but didn't the R9 release beginning of october?

He is really saying that AMD has outsold Nvidia in October and November after releasing their new line of GPU.

In other news, the earth still orbits the sun.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#34SuigintouEVPosted 12/12/2013 3:10:24 AM
*just bought a Geforce GTX 760 over a Radeon R9 270*

The last time I really cared about AMD was the ATI Radeon 9700 pro. My experience with them in the recent past has been horrible linux support and otherwise poor drivers.
---
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-bayonetta-1-to-wii-u
#35RussianRainbowPosted 12/12/2013 3:53:17 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Nvidia has the market share among PCs actually used to game: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

What's the "other" in the GPU chart?

Besides Intel Integrated, AMD, and nVidia what is there for GPUs?
---
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.
#36KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 4:04:01 AM
RussianRainbow posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...
Nvidia has the market share among PCs actually used to game: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

What's the "other" in the GPU chart?

Besides Intel Integrated, AMD, and nVidia what is there for GPUs?

East German toasters.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#37Love_Me_SexyPosted 12/12/2013 4:38:41 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
*just bought a Geforce GTX 760 over a Radeon R9 270*

The last time I really cared about AMD was the ATI Radeon 9700 pro. My experience with them in the recent past has been horrible linux support and otherwise poor drivers.

I've never bought an AMD GPU and do not plan to unless they pull off some miracle and get on Nvidia's level of performance. Even then, I can just stick with the tried and true and not worry about AMD and their shoddiness.
---
Intel 4670k\\MSI G45 + 760 4GB\\Kingston HyperX 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD\\Thermaltake 1200w PSU
PC Wishlist: 27" GSync, 4TB HDD, KB
#38r0ge00Posted 12/12/2013 7:55:47 AM
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
I've never bought an AMD GPU and do not plan to unless they pull off some miracle and get on Nvidia's level of performance. Even then, I can just stick with the tried and true and not worry about AMD and their shoddiness.

ITP: I've never used something, but it's crap because the internet told me so.
#39ShebeskiiPosted 12/12/2013 9:00:18 AM(edited)
r0ge00 posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...

ITP: I've never used something, but it's crap because the internet told me so.

I've used both, and I'll stand by it over and over: VLIW5 and 4 suck. It's a train wreck to watch my friend's 6950 finally, after how many years, receive an update that actually allows his card to perform like my GTX 570 has since release, with proper frame pacing. It's still not there.

Has anyone noticed how most AMD users adopted the 7000 series or newer, but there's still plenty of us 500 series Fermi guys around?

It's because the perceived performance of VLIW5 and 4 cards (5000 series and 6000 series) is far behind Fermi hardware frame pacing wise. People with these older architectures from AMD can't rely on brute force high frames that they could in years past to mitigate the otherwise poor rendering solution offered by AMD, so they jump at a higher frequency than Nvidia owners.

Everyone is upgrading all the time of course, but there's quite a few 500 series guys still around.

Fermi has great frame pacing for the performance delivered, and is aging gracefully.

VLIW has only recently got ANY love from AMD, and it's far too late. Most people have moved on after years of horrid frame pacing problems, which manifests as a perception of poor performance to the average gamer.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#40ShebeskiiPosted 12/12/2013 9:07:51 AM(edited)
There's a lot of fanboyism in this topic. Since when do PC gamers care if AMD is winning market share OUTSIDE of gaming? And since when is that made out to be the real measure of success? Why market share at all? The grasping at straws is hilarious.

If we look at the Steam statistics posted, AMD has actually lost market share over time to Intel and Nvidia in the gaming world. It's not by much at all, but considering the apparent popularity of GCN you'd think we'd see some equalizing. Why not?

Steam is a very representative sample. Anyone who says Steam isn't a representative sample hasn't taken any statistics, and if they did, didn't comprehend it.

AMD is probably selling more cards right now due to a fad, but I don't think it's a change in market share in the general PC enthusiast market.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens