This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well thats the end of gameplay videos on youtube

#21petran78Posted 12/11/2013 9:20:36 AM
apply some blur, reverse the picture and add some volume sfx and you're ok
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#22pothocketPosted 12/11/2013 9:30:18 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
pothocket posted...
Oh well, most were pointless anyways. Look at that Total Biscuit brit guy. The dude has great ideas and opinions on video games but just record a freaking podcast or write an essay. I don't understand the point of looking at a menu screen for 10 minutes while he talks.

Uh hello? That's like saying someone should gloss over the bad parts of a game because they're boring.

He puts up annotations that let you skip to the gameplay if you're ADD or something. The options menu is important to me as a PC gamer, because it's one of the main things setting me apart from console gamers due to the fact that I can customize my experience.

You're missing the point. EVERYTHING he says is information that can be communicated just as well, if not better, in a podcast or written blog. For the most part, the video is just background filler that doesn't accomplish anything. It has nothing do with the options menu, he'll leave the screen on the main menu for ten minutes while he introduces the game. It's pointless.

Trust me, I've listened to a lot of TB (as opposed to watching) while playing games. His videos are essentially podcasts. I'd read it if I could because then it would only take 5 minutes to get that information rather than a half hour or more.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#23MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/11/2013 9:38:37 AM
pothocket posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
pothocket posted...
Oh well, most were pointless anyways. Look at that Total Biscuit brit guy. The dude has great ideas and opinions on video games but just record a freaking podcast or write an essay. I don't understand the point of looking at a menu screen for 10 minutes while he talks.

Uh hello? That's like saying someone should gloss over the bad parts of a game because they're boring.

He puts up annotations that let you skip to the gameplay if you're ADD or something. The options menu is important to me as a PC gamer, because it's one of the main things setting me apart from console gamers due to the fact that I can customize my experience.

You're missing the point. EVERYTHING he says is information that can be communicated just as well, if not better, in a podcast or written blog. For the most part, the video is just background filler that doesn't accomplish anything. It has nothing do with the options menu, he'll leave the screen on the main menu for ten minutes while he introduces the game. It's pointless.

You want him to make a podcast or a written blog for every single WTF is that he releases? His skills are in commentary, not in writing blogs or doing podcasts. The video at least demonstrates what he is saying is truthful and it adds to the emphasis of what he's saying. And again, he adds annotations that let you skip to the gameplay, or you could just do that yourself.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#24AsellusPosted 12/11/2013 9:40:23 AM
TB's fine, managed youtube gaming channels are protected. It's the 99% of channels that aren't part of managed network that are likely to either die out or have to relocate off youtube.

You're missing the point. EVERYTHING he says is information that can be communicated just as well, if not better, in a podcast or written blog.

Possibly so but so what? This is another valid way to present information, whether you think it's the most efficient way to do so or not is immaterial as you are not the God of Space and Time and it does not need to get your permission to exist.

For the most part, the video is just background filler that doesn't accomplish anything. It has nothing do with the options menu, he'll leave the screen on the main menu for ten minutes while he introduces the game. It's pointless.

I'm not really sure what you're arguing about here, is TB spoiling the options menu for you? If neither it nor the intro are things that interest you you're free to skip ahead. He makes it quite easy to do so, usually with a large "Press Here to Skip to Gameplay" button.
#25pothocketPosted 12/11/2013 9:42:13 AM
Or I can listen to his "videos" in their entirety while doing something else since they're more like a podcast than a video and I don't miss out on anything if I don't actually watch them.
---
#26Ch3wyPosted 12/11/2013 9:43:32 AM
pothocket posted...
Or I can listen to his "videos" in their entirety while doing something else since they're more like a podcast than a video and I don't miss out on anything if I don't actually watch them.

Unless you wanted to see the gameplay then you're missing out on that.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#27MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/11/2013 9:44:27 AM
pothocket posted...

Uh hello? It's a video, you miss out on watching the gameplay?
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#28SneakiestNegPosted 12/11/2013 9:55:25 AM
Reviewers should have the right to show videos of gameplay. Otherwise what is the point? I am not talking about a let's play. A video review youtube! Its what made your site relevant to gamers.
#29pothocketPosted 12/11/2013 9:55:42 AM
Ch3wy posted...
pothocket posted...

Unless you wanted to see the gameplay then you're missing out on that.

But TB is really good at explaining gameplay, his video is still background filler even when talking about gameplay.

If a game has a leveling system, he'll explain it. Out loud. With his voice. He'll give his impressions of the system and why he thinks that way. He'll explain how that system interacts with other systems within the game and whether that's good or bad.

I don't know how people can judge gameplay by simply watching someone else play. Everything would be out of context without an explanation of what's going at all times. Besides, it bugs me watching others play unless they're playing perfectly.
---
#30djprofessork1Posted 12/11/2013 10:07:32 AM
good, all those "youtube gamers" are mostly idiots anyways