This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well thats the end of gameplay videos on youtube

#51pothocketPosted 12/11/2013 12:12:52 PM
JKatarn posted...
pothocket posted...
Ch3wy posted...
pothocket posted...
Or I can listen to his "videos" in their entirety while doing something else since they're more like a podcast than a video and I don't miss out on anything if I don't actually watch them.

Unless you wanted to see the gameplay then you're missing out on that.

But TB is really good at explaining gameplay, his video is still background filler even when talking about gameplay.

If a game has a leveling system, he'll explain it. Out loud. With his voice. He'll give his impressions of the system and why he thinks that way. He'll explain how that system interacts with other systems within the game and whether that's good or bad.

I don't know how people can judge gameplay by simply watching someone else play. Everything would be out of context without an explanation of what's going at all times. Besides, it bugs me watching others play unless they're playing perfectly.

Because I'm sure you play every game perfectly/are instantly skilled at every new game you try? Don't tell me you're one of those people who post "U suk NOOB" on reasonable gameplay videos, are you?

Don't tell me you're one of those people who build a strawman to argue against.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#52TeraPatrick2008Posted 12/11/2013 12:12:52 PM
If that means those stupid "Let's play" videos die, I'm more than OK with it!
#53SneakiestNegPosted 12/11/2013 12:14:24 PM
Too bad setting up a new youtube would require a HUGE investment. And you would still have to make enough money to keep it running. Us gamefaq users have our ways of avoiding ads. Now they get us with copyright.
#54Raj2764Posted 12/11/2013 12:14:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#55DutchAngel9Posted 12/11/2013 12:30:14 PM
cancerstorm posted...
lame

i don't subscribe to anyone but i like watching some gameplay vids to see what it's like before i buy a game

Yeah this.
It gives me a better/more honest view of a game than a (usually biased) review does
---
Gamertag: DahDutcher
FC: 3480 2558 9809 (NP: Pokemon Y. Safari: Bug; Combee & Vespiqueen.)
#56MinamoPosted 12/11/2013 12:32:14 PM
DutchAngel9 posted...
cancerstorm posted...
lame

i don't subscribe to anyone but i like watching some gameplay vids to see what it's like before i buy a game

Yeah this.
It gives me a better/more honest view of a game than a (usually biased) review does

Use twitch.tv
#57elsmittyPosted 12/11/2013 1:15:17 PM
but what about AVGN!!!
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/
#58WyzeGyePosted 12/11/2013 1:23:07 PM
There's some lets plays that I really enjoyed. Rooster Teeth's Minecraft for one.... actually that's the only one.

meh. Nothing of value is being lost here.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/AEKc-vNv_rU - updated 11/21/2013
#59SetzeraPosted 12/11/2013 2:20:57 PM
I forsee a few things happening. Not in any particular order.

-Youtube will experience a dramatic drop in traffic, which means it's investors will be a little sore.

-Game developers will see some drops in game sales. Nothing major for most games since official channels can still post.

-A new website called Freetube or something will popup, which will eventually lead to legal battles, but other sites will become the norm.

-Youtube will knee jerk react and reverse the policies to save face, causing a rift in the dimension of user views on the internet, much like when Xbone reversed policies.

-My favorite channels on youtube will become nearly extinct, and I'll have to find them again elsewhere or simply lose interest.

-Freedom of information will likely be the next target if Youtube doesn't reverse policies. Out of left field you say, nay, big places always push until people push back.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#60snesmaster40Posted 12/11/2013 3:15:27 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
anthrax360x posted...
Are you maybe confusing TB with Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)?

That is entirely possible - for some reason I was under the impression TB was the one who made Zero Punctuation. Apparently not. :P After looking, I'm not sure I've ever seen a TB video, although I'm well familiar with the name.

I lol'd hard.
---
Are we not men?