This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Intel is in big trouble

#11mrCubePosted 12/11/2013 10:15:58 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
The open source crowd forgot their tinfoil hats again

Uh, can you really criticize them for that when it's been revealed as an absolute fact that the government is spying on us and asking hardware and software makers to put backdoors into their products?
---
---
#12KabtheMentatPosted 12/11/2013 11:02:52 AM
mrCube posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

Uh, can you really criticize them for that when it's been revealed as an absolute fact that the government is spying on us and asking hardware and software makers to put backdoors into their products?

The thing is the whole NSA having backdoors to virtually everything has been an open secret for close to 20 years now. The NSA is the best in the world at what they do, but they aren't Greek gods with magical powers, they need a little boost to get done what they do.

Personally don't have a problem with it. Just have a problem when it's used on Americans. NSA wants to snoop on some Chinese, Serbian, Iranian, or Venezuelan's computer? Good, **** 'em, I don't care.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#13KamenRiderBladePosted 12/11/2013 2:54:18 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
mrCube posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

The thing is the whole NSA having backdoors to virtually everything has been an open secret for close to 20 years now. The NSA is the best in the world at what they do, but they aren't Greek gods with magical powers, they need a little boost to get done what they do.

Personally don't have a problem with it. Just have a problem when it's used on Americans. NSA wants to snoop on some Chinese, Serbian, Iranian, or Venezuelan's computer? Good, **** 'em, I don't care.

That's the main problem every US citizens have, they treat us citizens equally to foreigners.

They're supposed to follow the law, not write new laws that subvert the base laws found in the constitution and bill of rights to authorize and justify their actions.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#14lucarioforprezPosted 12/11/2013 3:00:15 PM
Welp, looks like I am going to try to switch to AMD.
---
Live: Ten Desires | PSN: The_ScarletDevil | Steam: The Scarlet Devil |
Origin: Teh_Scarlet Devil
#15Orestes417Posted 12/11/2013 3:04:55 PM
If intel's not careful they could end up with a situation where they only own the high end market.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#16mrCubePosted 12/11/2013 6:15:10 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
mrCube posted...
Rexdragon125 posted...

That's the main problem every US citizens have, they treat us citizens equally to foreigners.

They're supposed to follow the law, not write new laws that subvert the base laws found in the constitution and bill of rights to authorize and justify their actions.

Hey bro, it was approved by a "secret court" so it's all good
---
---
#17SlaynPosted 12/11/2013 6:49:11 PM
This just in: the government is spying on us.

More to follow.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#18TheMadTokerPosted 12/11/2013 10:47:58 PM
NINTENDOOMED!

...oh wait, sorry, forgot what board I was on.

...I'll just see myself out
---
Pull my finger.