This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why cant max bordelands 2?

#21ShebeskiiPosted 12/11/2013 1:41:03 PM
animanganime posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...
I have a 560ti and can max the game just fine. It isn't your card.

You can 60fps the entire time without any drop at 1080p?

No, he can't, but he may state so.

TC is massively CPU bottlenecked. The game needs more than a 2.3GHz Core 2 Quad, as it's not perfectly threaded and DX overhead yadayada.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#22JKatarnPosted 12/11/2013 1:43:55 PM(edited)
animanganime posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...

Since when did "never drops below 60 fps" become an essential criterion for "maxing" a game? I think most people will concede "maxing" is running a game at full/near full (perhaps AA turned down a notch) settings at 1920x1080+ at good to great performance levels. Unless you buy a monster rig, chances are, you're going to drop below 60 at least some of the time.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23overkillwfo1978Posted 12/12/2013 7:49:04 AM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
animanganime posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...

Since when did "never drops below 60 fps" become an essential criterion for "maxing" a game? I think most people will concede "maxing" is running a game at full/near full (perhaps AA turned down a notch) settings at 1920x1080+ at good to great performance levels. Unless you buy a monster rig, chances are, you're going to drop below 60 at least some of the time.

The very definition of "max" means MAX. Not "almost good enough for me". Maxing a game doesn't have a set, 100% true criterion, but "max" by itself is quite literally this definition:

max [męks]
n Informal
1. the most significant, highest, furthest, or greatest thing

So, with that being said, maxing a game to me means the highest resolution your monitor can handle with every setting turned up to it's highest point, including AA and keeping a constant refresh rate of the highest that your monitor can handle... so to a person that has a 1440p/120hz monitor, he would have to be running 1440p @ 120fps with all sliders to max, including max AA.... hence the very definition of the word max.

Otherwise, you say you can run with everything almost maxed out or ultra settings with a few exceptions. You can't change the very definition of a word just because it sounds good to suit your cause.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin