This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 More DLCs??

#11dekouPosted 12/11/2013 10:08:16 AM
Yuniuninuniun posted...
I'm still amazed how they are still creating DLC for this game.
Even more amazed that people are still supporting it.

There's nothing wrong with making little expansion packs for your game, as long as those expansion packs are good, don't feel cut from the game and are priced reasonably. Borderlands 2's DLC fulfills all of these criteria. Some parts of it are even much better than the base game. It's a rare series of DLC done right.

The post-GOTY DLC packs are relatively cheap and don't contain much. They're probably only there to keep the game alive a bit longer.
#12notSFFPosted 12/11/2013 11:53:53 AM
Meh, I'm just waiting for the Moon Base DLC at this point.
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#13PhilOnDezPosted 12/11/2013 12:01:01 PM
notSFF posted...
Meh, I'm just waiting for the Moon Base DLC at this point.

This. Pretty much the day TTAoDK was announced I knew there would be more DLC. It wasn't really surprising though, there have been rumors of a second season pass since before the game even released.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#14JKatarnPosted 12/11/2013 7:20:29 PM
pothocket posted...
If there was ever a game that wasn't worth waiting for the entire DLC library and combined gold edition to be released, it's Borderlands 2.

Why not? A quality game is a quality game now or 6-months to a year or more down the road, and if not playing it within the first few months is detrimental, chances are it's not that great of a game anyway (as an aside, I've owned Borderlands 2 since around release and it's a great game, but I'm willing to wait for a combined DLC package/discount down the road vs. paying piecemeal $5-10+ for each separate little bite of content out there right now.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15YuniuninuniunPosted 12/11/2013 7:43:41 PM
dekou posted...
Yuniuninuniun posted...
I'm still amazed how they are still creating DLC for this game.
Even more amazed that people are still supporting it.

There's nothing wrong with making little expansion packs for your game, as long as those expansion packs are good, don't feel cut from the game and are priced reasonably. Borderlands 2's DLC fulfills all of these criteria. Some parts of it are even much better than the base game. It's a rare series of DLC done right.

The post-GOTY DLC packs are relatively cheap and don't contain much. They're probably only there to keep the game alive a bit longer.

I'm not saying they aren't making decent DLC.
But not including all the DLC in the season pass or in the GOTY edition seems kind of wrong.
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIV, Diablo 3, Path of Exile, Ys: Memories of Celceta
#16macmahon187Posted 12/11/2013 8:14:35 PM
What's the difference in the goty edition and the season pass? I mean dlc wise.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#17ihumpmypillow89Posted 12/11/2013 8:25:22 PM
macmahon187 posted...
What's the difference in the goty edition and the season pass? I mean dlc wise.

You get the season pass plus

-The creature slaughterdome
-Gaige, and Krieg characters
-Some character skins
-And the "primiere" club which is the bonuses you got for pre-ordering the game.
---
http://goo.gl/pIFDj | http://goo.gl/16aDr
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic - http://goo.gl/zRaAS
#18AllmatteredPosted 12/11/2013 8:40:17 PM
Gearbox is being way too dependent on BL2 at this point. I gave up on the game after I realize how many freaking DLCs they were dishing out. At least make some of them free? Nah, they're too greedy for that. Just count all of them and total up, it's over $100 and counting that you're wasting your money on.
#19macmahon187Posted 12/11/2013 11:51:58 PM
Allmattered posted...
Gearbox is being way too dependent on BL2 at this point. I gave up on the game after I realize how many freaking DLCs they were dishing out. At least make some of them free? Nah, they're too greedy for that. Just count all of them and total up, it's over $100 and counting that you're wasting your money on.

Not when you get it on sale. I paid $7.50 for the game and $9 for season pass and am sitting on 99 hours played. Pretty good bang for that buck. Then again for some reason I'm completely addicted to this game.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#20r0ge00Posted 12/12/2013 7:53:54 AM
Allmattered posted...

So you're using full retail price to try to make it look bad? The game + Season Pass has been on sale for under $20 combined and includes everything but the two classes and some random stuff you don't really need and might touch once. The GOTY edition that includes just about everything but the new holiday DLCs and the skins has been on sale for $30 or lower. I haven't checked in a while, but they used to have limited time skins and heads for free.