This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video gaming is FINISHED (no, really... probably)

#31Rizzman111Posted 12/11/2013 7:36:25 PM
When this day comes....... I have Kotor, Kotor 2, Mass Effect Trilogy, Chrono Trigger, and many other great RPGs I can replay
---
Revan "JASON!" Not changing this sig till Kotor 3 or ME4 releases 10/8/13
#32Stefan1277Posted 12/11/2013 7:38:35 PM
All points are true. It's just a matter of time til the suits try to exploit people's pockets madly and they get tired of casual gaming. Just a matter of time.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#33-CJF-Posted 12/11/2013 7:38:56 PM
There's no way the video game industry will crash, but the issues brought up in the article are very real to us gamers nonetheless. Unfortunately, most of these are problems for the consumer rather than the industry.
#34Kane90987Posted 12/11/2013 7:46:17 PM
LOL

There's no way in hell it's going to die.

Another gaming crash, though? I could see that happening.

Though, there will likely still be some companies releasing games. I guess it'll be then that we'll see who the actual good companies that care about their fans are.
#35Rat_a_tatPosted 12/11/2013 8:11:48 PM
I'm not a fan of Cracked, and make it point not to go there, but they do some interesting stuff from time to time.

I agree that the current game industry is way too big and way too corporate, and actually kinda yearn for the old "mom's basement" mentality when gaming was just for geeks, even if the hobby carries the baggage of being ostracized. I also think that most of the modern decisions about game development and distribution have been detrimental, but things are different than in 1983, and a crash isn't going to happen now. It's just gotten "too big to die", and will continue to thrive, even in a lesser capacity, for at least the forseeable future.
---
Friend Code: 0104-0344-6970
Furry Code: FRR3a A--- C D+ H+++ M+ P+ R T++++ W Z Sm++
#36LordOfLegaciesPosted 12/11/2013 8:16:04 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
It's just a matter of time, but Cracked posted...

Lost me there. I like Cracked, it can be really interesting and sometimes a little funny. But they write articles predicting all this doom and gloom all the damn time.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#37KillerTruffle(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:26:08 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
It's just a matter of time, but Cracked posted...

Lost me there. I like Cracked, it can be really interesting and sometimes a little funny. But they write articles predicting all this doom and gloom all the damn time.

KillerTruffle posted...
Cracked.com is definitely not what I'd call a "hard news source" or anything - it's an entertainment website. But this article actually did make some good points I thought were relevant.

---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#38kobalobasileusPosted 12/11/2013 9:28:43 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Video games are too big of an industry to just disappear.

A crash? Yeah, that's a big possibility. I actually weirdly kinda want it to happen, so that we can finally have a change of pace.

I agree. It will be lovely to get some innovation back into the industry instead of cookie-cutter cash-grab FPSes glutting every platform.
#39DerPancakePosted 12/11/2013 9:32:55 PM
EA will not die as long as their sport franchises are successful, if anything the sport genre is safe from failing especially FIFA.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#40Flaktrooper123Posted 12/11/2013 9:38:05 PM
It is video gaming INDUSTRY that is failing, not video gaming itself. It won't die that easily