This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The term Personal Computer is now outdated.

#1Sega9599Posted 12/11/2013 3:44:44 PM
Tablets, smartphones, even watches are all computers that are are now way more personal than a desktop.

Do you think it's time to change the term so to speak?
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#2bluezeroPosted 12/11/2013 3:48:55 PM
Good luck with that.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#3Sega9599(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 3:59:05 PM
So you don't deny that YES the term is outdated?

Think about it for a second. Think about why it was created in the first place. Think about how times have changed.
It's time to move forwards. I propose HUC. Hard Unit Computer, meaning it comes with a monitor (same as laptops) and a separate base or tower deck.
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#4Jprime666Posted 12/11/2013 3:59:54 PM
You're the reason we don't get Shining Force games anymore.
---
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
#5LordSeiferPosted 12/11/2013 4:00:40 PM
Sega9599 posted...

Think about it for a second. Think about why it was created in the first place. Think about how times have changed.
It's time to move forwards. I propose HUC. Hard Unit Computer, meaning it comes with a monitor (same as laptops) and a separate base or tower deck.

laptops are made of putty? tablets are just as hard as a desktop.
---
^ this
#6clowningPosted 12/11/2013 4:03:52 PM
Personal Storage Server Home Computing Network Center

You're welcome.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7Sega9599(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 4:08:02 PM(edited)
LordSeifer posted...
Sega9599 posted...

laptops are made of putty? tablets are just as hard as a desktop.

Well what would you suggest?
Realistically, a smartphone IS much more personal to people now than a PC. How about ....eh....LLCPU and PCPU, Land Locked computer and Portable computer for Desktops and laptops respectively. Realistically you aren't going to cart your PC about from one room to the next all the time....

Jprime666 posted...
You're the reason we don't get Shining Force games anymore.

You're the reason we don't get Metroid Prime games any more. And you killed Optimus Prime. You dirty person.

EDIT

clowning posted...
Personal Storage Server Home Computing Network Center

You're welcome.

For someone whose name is clowning, you certainly weren't clowning around here. PSSHCNC. bit of a mouthful though. How about PHCC?

---
#8Psykic PetrolPosted 12/11/2013 4:12:12 PM
http://youtu.be/z9a74zoHEAE?t=3m15s
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#9Chrono1205Posted 12/11/2013 9:05:58 PM
Single Home Integrated Technology
or the portable kind the...
Portable Integrated Silicon Solution.
---
Few words, many thoughts.
#10arleasPosted 12/12/2013 12:26:36 AM
Nobody calls a PC a PC because we're thinking "gosh, I love how personal my computer is... it's way more personal than those International Business Machines!"

They call it a PC because they need a way to differentiate themselves from Mac users, or rather, Mac users need a way to differentiate themselves from PC users. If you didn't have that group we could drop the "personal" part altogether and just call it a computer.

Let's call it what it really is: gaming machine (GM!) or Cat Picture Delivery Device (CPDD).
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png