This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thinking of doing a quick upgrade to my current pc before buying new in 4 months

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. thinking of doing a quick upgrade to my current pc before buying new in 4 months
2 years ago#11
buying a new PC
didnt know how much ram I had
Now that I know I have to upgrade it for no reason
---
^ this
2 years ago#12
Buying a new pc in 4-5 months, which is when Tax Returns come back. I simply wanted something not too expensive to tide me over until I get it back.
2 years ago#13
If you have $800 already then why don't you go ahead and build the bulk of your system now. You should be able to get it up and running then just use your current vid card until you can get a new one. That way you have a much better system you can use now.
---
Posted using GameFlux
2 years ago#14
You can buy the minor components first at least. At least by the time you are ready to buy the bulk, hopefully Z97 motherboards and Haswell Refresh processors are available by then.
2 years ago#15
I'm not sure another 4GB of RAM will solve your issue. 4GB is generally enough for conventional gaming.

Give it a defrag maybe?
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. thinking of doing a quick upgrade to my current pc before buying new in 4 months

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived