This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Local PC shops are terrible

#11betatechPosted 12/12/2013 2:33:17 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Walked past the shop window and looked at their prime "GAMING PC" I was appauled.

They are asking 700 for an FX 8150 and a NVidea 630. They have added stupid extras like water cooling the CPU to try and justify the price but its pretty laughable.

Have you got any other shockers near you?

Look in your local Argos! There pre-builts are horrid.

From what I can gather, they seem to mostly sell Laptops these days anyway....although they're not that good either from when I last looked compared to elsewhere.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#12MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/12/2013 4:11:48 AM
The PC World near to me only had ONE non-wireless mouse in stock. I didn't even...
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#13Tommy2GoGoPosted 12/12/2013 5:18:25 AM
Agree

Pc shops around my area are terrible as well.
I once needed a new HDD and they were selling me USED hdd's for the cost of a new one.

I needed a psu cuz mine crapped out and didn't wanna wait to order it online.
Went to nearly every computer store around my area and not many had any in stock.

The few that DID have them in stock were selling crappy off brand models.
I needed one ASAP so I took one and hoped for the best.

Worst decision I made.

Nearly all of them sell REALLY outdate GPUs for a pretty penny.

They are just down right terrible.

There is at least ONE guy that knows what he's doing and that I actually enjoy going to when I don't wanna buy online.

Out of the 10+ stores I've been to. Only 1 has been decent enough to return back to.

It's disappointing when I ask them a question regarding my build or a simple question as 'Do you guys sell thermal paste?" And they look at me as if I'm talking another language. After a while they know what I'm referring to and ask for a lot for an off brand thermal paste lol.
#14g7g7g7g7(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 5:23:40 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
I bet they spelled "Nvidia" right.

I actually doubt they have.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz