This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

failing psu?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. failing psu?
3 years ago#1
My comp passes prime 95 small fft test. fails the blend test. Passed an all night memtest86 test. Randomly AMD drivers crash. While playing intense games the screen goes black within 5 minutes of playing but the sound is still there and i can ALT+TAB out of the game. Failed the OCCT psu test, but didnt say why? I'm clueless, but i think i've narrowed it down to psu, mobo, or needing a fresh windows install... But it did it before this as well on a diff install.
Phenom II 960T, HD7770, 8gig Ripjaws, Antec Neo Eco 620c, Source 210.
3 years ago#2
It is most likely the GPU, either you don't provide enough power or you overclock it a little too much.
3 years ago#3
Its a stock, brand new hd7770. Im not overclocking anything in my system. And almost identical problems occured with my 6790 so i junked it. Whoops.
3 years ago#4
bump
3 years ago#5
Possibly not enough power as well, what is your PSU?
3 years ago#6
The one in my sig. Antec neo eco 620. The only reason im suspicious of it is that we have alot of power surges here in florida for no reason.
3 years ago#7
Any temperatures out of whack?
It doesn't sound like a PSU issue to me really, but it's hard to say without running diagnostics on the PSU, which is impossible without a digital multimeter at the very least, and even that's hardly everything you should do to test a PSU.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#8
under full load my cpu only hits 38c on prime95 (hyper 212+), and the GPU during furmark only hit 75c.

My mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130250

The original one newegg sent me 2 years ago was DOA, this one has lasted this long. :-/
3 years ago#9
I GIVE UP. Returning the gpu tomorrow, and spending the money on a new mobo and psu. I'm tired of the problems.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. failing psu?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived