This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Firefox debuts new UI that looks like Chrome.

#1Ambusher86Posted 12/11/2013 10:11:51 PM
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/171244-firefox-debuts-new-ui-that-looks-like-chrome-but-does-that-mean-it-can-compete-with-chrome
#2LoshadtPosted 12/11/2013 10:12:47 PM
but-does-that-mean-it-can-compete-with-chrome

Well, it doesn't spy on me by default so yes I believe it can.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#3SinisterSlayPosted 12/11/2013 10:16:51 PM
*facepalm*

You idiots, I don't want every browser to look the same.

I really wish Avant would open source so people could update the engine without changing the interface, since Avant did the chrome look alike as well.

So any browsers left that still believe in buttons large enough to click, button text full enough to read and understand, and icons clear enough to understand?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4DiviDudePosted 12/11/2013 10:17:50 PM
Hopefully it'll give the option to use the old UI, because I don't want to use that thing.
#5mrCubePosted 12/11/2013 10:20:40 PM
Eh, I don't care. I don't want the focus of my browser to be the UI , I want it to be the content I'm viewing. Chrome and Firefox are already so incredibly close as far as usability goes that a UI change in either one doesn't really make a difference to me.
---
---
#6Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/11/2013 10:25:03 PM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
*facepalm*

I really wish Avant would open source so people could update the engine without changing the interface, since Avant did the chrome look alike as well.

So any browsers left that still believe in buttons large enough to click, button text full enough to read and understand, and icons clear enough to understand?

Do you really need your browsers to look unique?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#7Mudkip57Posted 12/11/2013 10:25:15 PM
I dunno. Firefox already looks like that on Macs
#8SinisterSlayPosted 12/11/2013 10:28:44 PM(edited)
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
*facepalm*

Do you really need your browsers to look unique?

Don't know about you, but I figure out what I'm clicking by the text of the button, not the stupid icon. If I could turn the pictures off and just leave text I would.

Why have several browsers if they all look the same, even worse, many are now just using the same engine.

Also firefox mobile, in addition to having the worst browser interface, just dumped flash support :( so now it's totally useless.
I wish Opera classic used Chromes engine, new opera has a difficult to use interface. But opera classic is so slow...
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9Mudkip57Posted 12/11/2013 10:27:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Mudkip57Posted 12/11/2013 10:27:39 PM
I dunno. Firefox already looks like that on Macs

-Edit-
Oh. That's a Mac browser in that screenshot. So what's different again?