This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 owner here. Praise be to Gabin.

#21Omegachaos87Posted 12/12/2013 2:55:34 AM
I haven't seen a single PS4 game that even comes close to what decent PC hardware from 2011 can dish out.
#22MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/12/2013 4:03:23 AM
Javelin posted...
R0N1N187 posted...
So lets make the PS4 and X1 like the PC then. Lets swap out parts like the graphical unit and computer chips like the PC. Maybe then we can exchange for exclusive games like KH3, FFXV, MGSV, GT7, Forza 5, GoW, Halo, etc. Then we can play SC2 on the console.

It always amuses me how console peasants think the Master Race cares about their s***ty children's games.

If I wanted to play a crappy console game, I would just buy the console. I choose not to, because console games suck.

Uh no. I converted to PC gaming about 2 years ago and never looked back. The only thing I miss is the games. MSGV, FFXV, GT7 (Well if it didn't have horrible horrible microtransactions) and KH3 are games I would nearly consider getting a console just for.

Besides how the hell is MGSV a childrens game? Isn't it 18+? Haaaa~
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#23KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 4:09:29 AM
calcycle posted...
I think everyone is missing the fact that TC has misspelled our glorious leader's name.

Gabe Newell

GabeN

Otherwise it's sacrilegious.

Let us burn the blasphemer!
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#24KabtheMentatPosted 12/12/2013 4:10:21 AM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Javelin posted...
R0N1N187 posted...
So lets make the PS4 and X1 like the PC then. Lets swap out parts like the graphical unit and computer chips like the PC. Maybe then we can exchange for exclusive games like KH3, FFXV, MGSV, GT7, Forza 5, GoW, Halo, etc. Then we can play SC2 on the console.

It always amuses me how console peasants think the Master Race cares about their s***ty children's games.

If I wanted to play a crappy console game, I would just buy the console. I choose not to, because console games suck.

Uh no. I converted to PC gaming about 2 years ago and never looked back. The only thing I miss is the games. MSGV, FFXV, GT7 (Well if it didn't have horrible horrible microtransactions) and KH3 are games I would nearly consider getting a console just for.

Besides how the hell is MGSV a childrens game? Isn't it 18+? Haaaa~

Well, to be fair only a child would find the MGS storyline to be interesting.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#25Majoras_pantsPosted 12/12/2013 4:13:22 AM
It wouldn't work well with a closed platform. It's cool in theory but wouldn't be viable.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#26craziej2kPosted 12/12/2013 4:21:01 AM
if you can upgrade parts of the consoles, it would negativly affect the sales for the next console gen. The console sales/lifecycle requires you to buy the newest one when it comes out.
---
"We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!!" - King Arthur
#27bravo1Posted 12/12/2013 4:39:57 AM
Didn't Unreal Tournanent 3 support mods on consoles?

Assuming a mod API was built into the game, it's shouldn't be completely impossible, but the walled garden approach doesn't exactly encourage that sort of stuff. Console developers tend to be very picky about what passes through their certification system.

I guess the developer could host their own official mod site, similar to Steam Workshop, but mods rely on the ability to access, change/replace and add to the game's system files on demand, and consoles don't allow you to do that.
---
3DS FC: 3952-7065-0089
#28ATARIJAWAPosted 12/12/2013 4:43:08 AM
bravo1 posted...

Assuming a mod API was built into the game, it's shouldn't be completely impossible, but the walled garden approach doesn't exactly encourage that sort of stuff. Console developers tend to be very picky about what passes through their certification system.

I guess the developer could host their own official mod site, similar to Steam Workshop, but mods rely on the ability to access, change/replace and add to the game's system files on demand, and consoles don't allow you to do that.

It kind of did. You could change your character appearance.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#29Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/12/2013 8:07:51 AM
Is "Praise be to GabeN" some sort of greeting now?
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#30AsucaHayashiPosted 12/12/2013 11:02:57 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
bravo1 posted...

It kind of did. You could change your character appearance.

which is now called D L C... and console publishers luuuuuv it.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png