This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Already have DAO on 360, worth getting on Steam?

#1ADHDguitarPosted 12/12/2013 12:39:09 AM
I never played too far into it but I do like the game a lot, as KoTor is one of my favorite games evar.

It's on sale and my 780 arrives in the mail tomorrow to complete my build. Think the mouse and keyboard would justify a second purchase?
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#2daemon_danPosted 12/12/2013 12:40:49 AM
Mouse and Keyboard? no. Mods? F*** YES
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 12:42:14 AM
daemon_dan posted...

In that case I might not. I have this weird obsession with playing everything vanilla. What kind of mods are available that don't mess with the core integrity of the game?
---
MSI Z87-G45 | i7-4770K | GTX 780 | G.Skill 16 GB DDR3 | Corsair 850W| Cooler Master Full Tower | Seagate 3TB Drive | LG Blu-Ray Drive |
#4daemon_danPosted 12/12/2013 12:44:43 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...

In that case I might not. I have this weird obsession with playing everything vanilla. What kind of mods are available that don't mess with the core integrity of the game?

Well, there's new dungeons, graphical mods, and some weapon mods that, while powerful, don't have stupidly low requirements that break your game.
---
#5ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 12:46:26 AM
daemon_dan posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Well, there's new dungeons, graphical mods, and some weapon mods that, while powerful, don't have stupidly low requirements that break your game.

Eh, I'll do it for the graphical mods. Gotta flex dat 780.
---
#6daemon_danPosted 12/12/2013 12:47:49 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Eh. The graphical mods are pretty nice, don't get me wrong. But it's not going to flex your 780. I have a lot of them on and they didn't even flex 1 680, let alone the two I now have.
---
#7ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 12:48:31 AM
daemon_dan posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
daemon_dan posted...

Eh. The graphical mods are pretty nice, don't get me wrong. But it's not going to flex your 780. I have a lot of them on and they didn't even flex 1 680, let alone the two I now have.

No but I can sit there admiring the needlessly high framerate. :)
---
#8daemon_danPosted 12/12/2013 12:49:44 AM
ADHDguitar posted...

No but I can sit there admiring the needlessly high framerate. :)

If you have a >60 hz monitor. Otherwise you can either Vsync it and admire the 60 fps, or admire the crazy amount of screen tearing you'll get.
---
#9ATARIJAWAPosted 12/12/2013 12:56:43 AM
Does DAO have controller support?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#10daemon_danPosted 12/12/2013 12:59:36 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Does DAO have controller support?

No.
---