This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Way to Completely Remove Video Drivers?

#1ScissorShockPosted 12/12/2013 6:22:40 AM
I'm new at all this and my new Nvidia card just came in the mail so I want the proper procedure on replacing the software; my old card is AMD. Swapping the card out, physically, shouldn't give me any problems, I just don't want any conflicts, software-wise.

So, could someone list the run-down on the best way to do it? ie, Just remove AMD Catalyst from Control Panel, reboot and install the Nvidia one?

I hear some people say DriverSweeper is the best way to completely remove all traces of drivers, but what do you guys think?

Help me get this going, thanks!
---
Imagination is not an empirical or superadded power of consciousness, it is the whole of consciousness as it realizes its freedom. -JP Sartre
#2AlleRacingPosted 12/12/2013 6:56:42 AM
If you want to be completely sure, uninstall through control panel or install manager, reboot into safe mode, use driver sweeper, reboot again.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#3ScissorShock(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:41:09 PM
AlleRacing posted...
If you want to be completely sure, uninstall through control panel or install manager, reboot into safe mode, use driver sweeper, reboot again.

So DriverSweeper is safe to use? I've had a few tell me not to use it.

Also, does it have to be run in safe mode; and why?
---
Imagination is not an empirical or superadded power of consciousness, it is the whole of consciousness as it realizes its freedom. -JP Sartre
#4Fade2black001Posted 12/12/2013 8:43:30 PM
ScissorShock posted...
AlleRacing posted...

So DriverSweeper is safe to use? I've had a few tell me not to use it.

Also, does it have to be run in safe mode; and why?

It doesnt HAVE to be ran in safe mode but its safer if you do though. DriveSweeper is an awesome program to use.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5GoIrish80Posted 12/12/2013 8:52:32 PM
No it doesn't have to be, but you asked what the best way to completely remove drivers was, and you were told.

Whether you choose to follow the advice is up to you.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2