This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is why I hate modding sometimes...

#1EternalNetherPosted 12/12/2013 4:46:54 PM
I can't get SKSE to work. It's compatible with all of my mods and I've made sure again and again that I've installed it properly. Yet every single time I try to boot up my game with it, I end up crashing back to desktop shortly after the Bethesda logo pops up on screen.

Why don't things every work out the way I want them to?
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035 Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus
#2ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 12/12/2013 4:48:11 PM
Your load order is messed up. There's something that has a master file being loaded after when you're supposed to have it load before.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#3zxelmanPosted 12/12/2013 4:48:23 PM
I use a combination of WyreBash and BOSS, but BOSS alone can typically solve most CTD problems. I'd download at least that. Never once had a problem after following what it said.
#4EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 4:50:21 PM
ARMEDnPISSED posted...
Your load order is messed up. There's something that has a master file being loaded after when you're supposed to have it load before.

I'll check it out. Thank you. I may have overdone it with the mods, but there are so many...so....many....

God...make it stahp
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035 Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus
#5CatToyPosted 12/12/2013 4:50:39 PM
Sounds like you're missing the asset portion of a mod which will cause an immediate crash like that.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#6Killur XFalconPosted 12/12/2013 4:51:40 PM
Had this same problem. Fixed it by unchecking a mod that required "Falskaar.esp" in the plugins load list.
---
"It sounds like an angry, drunken bear being shot from a cannon."-AutoMobile Mag commenting on the Audi RS4.
#7ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 12/12/2013 4:52:05 PM
I 2nd the recommendation for BOSS. It generally does a good job of autosorting the load order. Alternatively, you can use Skyrim's version of the edit program (if it exists) to find out which mod has master loading errors. in Fallout 3, it's called FO3Edit, in New Vegas, NVEdit.
---
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#8myztikricePosted 12/12/2013 4:58:04 PM
It's called TES5Edit for Skyrim.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#9BogePosted 12/12/2013 5:11:24 PM
Yeah, it's much more complicated to mod games than a lot of people make it out to be. Bethesda games have a ton of mods, but they're the most complicated I've dealt with. Mod load orders, patch files, compatibility files, cleaning...yeah. My nephew wanted to mod Skyrim and I just realized how much work there is to getting certain mods to work together.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#10CourtofOwlsPosted 12/12/2013 6:00:28 PM(edited)
that usually indicates a mod conflict or missing requirement mod which could also mean you're loading one before the other

oh it could also be an enb version mismatch,they work regardless 95% of the time but there's a couple that won't work with certain versions
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!