This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just plugged up a new BenQ 144hz

#11fatboy44Posted 12/12/2013 8:22:02 PM
Link would be nice.
#12steveboblarryPosted 12/12/2013 8:24:56 PM
Clouddx posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Clouddx posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Clouddx posted...
Great to have for FPS gaming, not so good for general gaming. If you play FPS games tho, you can't beat it.

What would be better then?

What are you asking?

I mean what would be a better monitor for gaming. Instead of the BenQ? My mistake should of have been more clear

For general gaming the Dell u2312hm is pretty good, but you'll be at a disadvantage in FPS games against those that have a monitor that displays higher frames. You will have better color accuracy, making the overall viewing experience prettier, but not smoother.

So If I got a GPU like the 780ti then the dell monitor would still be good?
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#13wizardmonPosted 12/12/2013 8:25:57 PM
Most of the BenQ 120+hz monitors actually have pretty terrible/washed out colors, however, they did somewhat recently release one that actually does have good looking colors/picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6wIMaYjklE
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#14ClouddxPosted 12/12/2013 8:34:19 PM(edited)
steveboblarry posted...

Umm, what? Okay, I'll answer this, even tho it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Well, you could get a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. Or even get 2x u2313hm monitors and put em side by side?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#15steveboblarryPosted 12/12/2013 8:33:20 PM
Clouddx posted...
steveboblarry posted...

Umm, what? Okay, I'll answer this, even tho it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Well, you could get a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. Or even get 2x u2313hm monitors and put em side by side?

My bad just was wondering all this for Future Proofing it seems like I am bombarding you with questions.
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#16Fade2black001Posted 12/12/2013 8:34:47 PM
Why would you need anything higher than 120hz?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#17Bazooka_PenguinPosted 12/12/2013 9:02:48 PM(edited)
steveboblarry posted...
Clouddx posted...
steveboblarry posted...

My bad just was wondering all this for Future Proofing it seems like I am bombarding you with questions.

There's no point in "future proofing" when OLEDs are going to go mainstream in a few years
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#18LtMessiahDM504(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2013 11:49:44 AM
wizardmon posted...
Most of the BenQ 120+hz monitors actually have pretty terrible/washed out colors, however, they did somewhat recently release one that actually does have good looking colors/picture.

That's the one I got. And trust me, as soon as I plugged it up and turned it on, I could tell by the desktop wallpaper how funky it looked next to the IPS panel Asus M279H. Night and day difference. Colors are very dull and lifeless compared to the IPS.
#19wizardmonPosted 12/13/2013 11:57:42 AM
LtMessiahDM504 posted...
wizardmon posted...

That's the one I got. And trust me, as soon as I plugged it up and turned it on, I could tell by the desktop wallpaper how funky it looked next to the IPS panel Asus M279H. Night and day difference. Colors are very dull and lifeless compared to the IPS.

Of course, it's a TN. But for a TN it's still better than the generic 24 inch asus $two hundo$ 2ms display that most people seem to use.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#20thatfool12GsPosted 12/13/2013 12:16:06 PM
Clouddx posted...
Great to have for FPS gaming, not so good for general gaming. If you play FPS games tho, you can't beat it.

Would I need to buy a monitor w/ flawless materials for all genres other than FPS?
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU