This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, is TF2 Always Like This?

#1Logical_OnePosted 12/12/2013 7:40:46 PM
I played TF2 for the first time in like 2-3 years (about 50-55 minutes) and got 12 item drops (hats, pants, jackets etc...). Sold 9 of them for a total of $4.00. If TF2 is always this rewarding I'll definitely keep playing.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#2CatToyPosted 12/12/2013 7:49:15 PM
It is not, you're lucky to get 15 cents of stuff in a week.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3TropicMoon10Posted 12/12/2013 7:49:59 PM
People who are new or start after a long absence have a much higher chance of finding valuable stuff. It's not a concrete fact that can be proven but it's happened to me and my friends enough that I believe it.

You'll find around 10-ish items every week. Usually weapons/crates and usually adding up to 20 cents total before your item drop cap kicks in. It resets every Thursday I think
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#4CatToyPosted 12/12/2013 7:52:11 PM
TropicMoon10 posted...
People who are new or start after a long absence have a much higher chance of finding valuable stuff. It's not a concrete fact that can be proven but it's happened to me and my friends enough that I believe it.

There is nothing like this. Given the absurd number of alt accounts to farm items (some people have 300+), this would be too easily exploitable.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#5Orestes417Posted 12/12/2013 7:55:08 PM
You do get your drops from the previous week rolled over into the current one if you didn't get the... what is it? four I think that are high probability. Just like with CS:GO you're given a high probability of one chest and one weapon skin per week with it dropping off significantly afterwards.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#6AnatomyHorrorPosted 12/12/2013 7:58:48 PM
How do you even get drops? Just curious, haven't played TF2 since it went F2P.
#7Cesare_BorgiaPosted 12/12/2013 7:58:52 PM
You probably had a few promotional items for buying other games
#8Orestes417Posted 12/12/2013 8:00:50 PM(edited)
AnatomyHorror posted...

Play on a VAC protected server. Eventually the items just show up
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system is the long version.

---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#9CatToyPosted 12/12/2013 8:01:02 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...

You just get them from playing, not by doing anything specific. You're guaranteed a drop between 30 and 70 minutes, after about 10 hours you will not get any more drops for that week.
---
#10Logical_One(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 8:28:02 PM
Cesare_Borgia posted...
You probably had a few promotional items for buying other games

Nope--I check my inventory almost daily. I've never had this many drops from CS: GO (possibly because I play it almost every day); I've had, at most, 4-5 drops in a week of GO (putting in anywhere between 4-5 hours in the week--total).
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun