This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, is TF2 Always Like This?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, is TF2 Always Like This?
3 years ago#1
I played TF2 for the first time in like 2-3 years (about 50-55 minutes) and got 12 item drops (hats, pants, jackets etc...). Sold 9 of them for a total of $4.00. If TF2 is always this rewarding I'll definitely keep playing.
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
3 years ago#2
It is not, you're lucky to get 15 cents of stuff in a week.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
3 years ago#3
People who are new or start after a long absence have a much higher chance of finding valuable stuff. It's not a concrete fact that can be proven but it's happened to me and my friends enough that I believe it.

You'll find around 10-ish items every week. Usually weapons/crates and usually adding up to 20 cents total before your item drop cap kicks in. It resets every Thursday I think
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
3 years ago#4
TropicMoon10 posted...
People who are new or start after a long absence have a much higher chance of finding valuable stuff. It's not a concrete fact that can be proven but it's happened to me and my friends enough that I believe it.

There is nothing like this. Given the absurd number of alt accounts to farm items (some people have 300+), this would be too easily exploitable.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
3 years ago#5
You do get your drops from the previous week rolled over into the current one if you didn't get the... what is it? four I think that are high probability. Just like with CS:GO you're given a high probability of one chest and one weapon skin per week with it dropping off significantly afterwards.
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
3 years ago#6
How do you even get drops? Just curious, haven't played TF2 since it went F2P.
3 years ago#7
You probably had a few promotional items for buying other games
3 years ago#8
AnatomyHorror posted...

Play on a VAC protected server. Eventually the items just show up
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Item_drop_system is the long version.
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
3 years ago#9
AnatomyHorror posted...

You just get them from playing, not by doing anything specific. You're guaranteed a drop between 30 and 70 minutes, after about 10 hours you will not get any more drops for that week.
3 years ago#10
Cesare_Borgia posted...
You probably had a few promotional items for buying other games

Nope--I check my inventory almost daily. I've never had this many drops from CS: GO (possibly because I play it almost every day); I've had, at most, 4-5 drops in a week of GO (putting in anywhere between 4-5 hours in the week--total).
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, is TF2 Always Like This?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived