This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gender in video games

#161ukemandwnbuPosted 12/18/2013 11:30:45 AM
My God, so much truth.
#162KillerTrufflePosted 12/18/2013 12:04:37 PM
I'd say games that have had more "proper" (non-sexualized) female leads include The Longest Journey, Syberia, Mirror's Edge, Beyond Good and Evil, Portal, the American McGee's Alice games...

I'd also argue that male video game characters are often sexualized just as much as female ones, it's just that female primary characters are less common still.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#163KabtheMentatPosted 12/18/2013 12:09:32 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
This nighthawk guy is completely brainwashed, only cherry-picking what he perceives to be sexism or gender inequality. Perhaps there was a time when feminism was a noble cause, but it is long gone. The feminism you fight for today, nighthawk, is essentially a war against men, free-market capitalism, and the death of Western society in general.

Truth.

Forgot to switch to your alt.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#164arleasPosted 12/18/2013 12:21:46 PM
I can't count the number of times I've run across ladies in full slave Leia attire because the number is zero.

Psst... try an anime/video game convention. You're bound to run into about 5 of them at once.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#165ukemandwnbuPosted 12/18/2013 12:35:52 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
ukemandwnbu posted...
This nighthawk guy is completely brainwashed, only cherry-picking what he perceives to be sexism or gender inequality. Perhaps there was a time when feminism was a noble cause, but it is long gone. The feminism you fight for today, nighthawk, is essentially a war against men, free-market capitalism, and the death of Western society in general.

Truth.

Forgot to switch to your alt.

No, I quoted myself purposely. I spoke so much truth, my words had to be quoted for it.
#166KabtheMentatPosted 12/18/2013 12:40:15 PM
6.5 on the recovery attempt.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#167ukemandwnbuPosted 12/18/2013 1:09:44 PM
KabtheMentat posted...

Lol, cool rating system. Believe what you will, though. I just made this account last week, my first account ever on GameFAQs. I have only posted on the PC board and Fallout New Vegas board, look it up if you want. It would make no sense to create a whole separate account with a new email just to quote one post.
#168ukemandwnbuPosted 12/18/2013 1:11:14 PM
ukemandwnbu posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Lol, cool rating system. Believe what you will, though. I just made this account *last week, my first account ever on GameFAQs. I have only posted on the PC board and Fallout New Vegas board, look it up if you want. It would make no sense to create a whole separate account with a new email just to quote one post.

*two weeks ago

Go to the Fallout New Vegas board and look up The Survivor 2299 topic.