This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just sold my 7950 on craigslist for $320. Good deal or bad deal?

#11Son Of SpamPosted 12/14/2013 3:56:18 PM
I was going to sell my pair of 7950s on eBay, but I am worried someone will destroy them mining and get a refund 30 days later because of eBay's Buyer Protection Program. Not to mention all the fees.

I might try Craigslist, but this isn't the best market for it. I think I'd be lucky even finding someone interested.

I've been experimenting with mining, and so far I have about $60 worth of Litecoins. If I can't find a good buyer then I'll just keep mining since I haven't been playing games much lately.
#12nIMr0D888Posted 12/15/2013 4:34:42 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
nIMr0D888 posted...
I thought that you were going to mine litecoins?

I did it for a couple days and made about $18 worth of lite coin. But because my has rate was already lower than normal 7950s, and because it would take me 2-3 months to get $320 of money from litecoin. I decided to sell the card. I'm hoping that in the next 2-3 months the prices for high end video cards drop a bit so I could get an even stronger replacement for a similar price

You can always ride the sine wave over at BTC-E and make the money quicker >_>
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#13cuteboi100Posted 12/15/2013 5:02:43 PM(edited)
redrum187 posted...
SleepComa posted...
Well I sold my 7970 for 500!! =p

ebay takes 10% and paypal takes another 1.9% so you actually made about 440$ still a damn good deal.

Not to mention you have to pay for shipping. Whether or not he included that in the 500 lowers the amount he made because ebay and paypal charge that 11.9% on shipping too.

eBay fees are too high.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#14Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 7:55:21 PM
nIMr0D888 posted...
nIMr0D888 posted...

I did it for a couple days and made about $18 worth of lite coin. But because my has rate was already lower than normal 7950s, and because it would take me 2-3 months to get $320 of money from litecoin. I decided to sell the card. I'm hoping that in the next 2-3 months the prices for high end video cards drop a bit so I could get an even stronger replacement for a similar price

lmao. Sine wave. Thats exactly what it is. I was thinking about maybe doing that, but I don't want to invest actual money into something this volatile yet. I might do it though if there is a huge drop in price though
#15Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 7:59:13 PM
cuteboi100 posted...
redrum187 posted...
SleepComa posted...
Well I sold my 7970 for 500!! =p

ebay takes 10% and paypal takes another 1.9% so you actually made about 440$ still a damn good deal.

Not to mention you have to pay for shipping. Whether or not he included that in the 500 lowers the amount he made because ebay and paypal charge that 11.9% on shipping too.

eBay fees are too high.

yeah. I'd have to had sell my card for $360 on ebay to get the the same $320 I made from craigslist when you count the paypal and ebay fees. And then you have to think about the shipping costs which can $20+ to the price. Then you have to worry about ass***** mining on the card for 29 days then returning it for full refund on the 30th day etc.
#16blax34dmPosted 12/15/2013 11:18:24 PM
I sold mine for 330 on cl. Wanted to avoid eBay. Could have made more since people tried to outbid the guy I agreed to 330 with but he seemed like a good guy when I googled him and I think 330 is a fair price based on the demand.
#17nIMr0D888Posted 12/16/2013 12:36:23 AM
nIMr0D888 posted...
nIMr0D888 posted...

lmao. Sine wave. Thats exactly what it is. I was thinking about maybe doing that, but I don't want to invest actual money into something this volatile yet. I might do it though if there is a huge drop in price though

Well I have only been mucking around with it since after your topic the other day with no initial investment and a 780 (300k /s) and im up $40 so far.

You don't have to wait for massive increases just buy low sell higher than you bought.
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#18fuzzymanPosted 12/16/2013 12:54:42 AM
so what did the 320 buy ya
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#19T_M0neyPosted 12/16/2013 1:46:18 AM
i actually sold mine too! Dont mean to one up ya but some guy bought mine without bidding for 425! Bought a 770 and pocketed the rest. Hope you have fun bitcoining chump!
---
http://i.imgur.com/WEIZH.png