This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which controller for pc gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which controller for pc gaming?
2 years ago#1
I'm looking for a controller, mainly for AC 3/4 & fighting games like Injustice

So which is best for those games: wired 360 controller, wired ps3 controller, or Logitech controller(not arcade-y fight stick)?
a tier is a ranking of how a character (or a set of characters) is expect to perform under tournament conditions based on that characters metagame. - SLAPAHO
2 years ago#2
360 is the best for anything but fighting games, and the only controller with good native support.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
2 years ago#3
I have a gamepad shaped like a PS2 controller and it serves me well.
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
2 years ago#4
Get the 360 controller if you're not planning on using the D-Pad a whole lot. Otherwise it's a great controller overall with the most support.
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
2 years ago#5
i'd suggest the 360 controller, due to the fact that you can just plug and play. i haven't tried using a ps3 controller with my computer in a while, but i remember the setup being a ***** for whatever reason. i guess it would come down to how important the dpad is to you. if you plan on playing fighting games then the ps3 might work a little better, but that's if you're okay with going through the trouble to set one up. though the convenience of the 360 is just too hard to beat. i'd stomach its horrid dpad solely for that reason.
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
2 years ago#6
I'm using a dual shock 4.
Get ready for Kanji Tatsumi to show his manhood to these chicks! - Kanji Tatsumi
2 years ago#7
I would suggest an Xbox 360 controller, wired or wireless.

I've used a wireless for years now, receiver work flawlessly, the recharable battery pack still holds a full charge (lasts about a month or so before needing charged), and the native support is always a good sign.
Intel 4670k\\MSI G45 + 760 4GB\\Kingston HyperX 8GB RAM + 240GB SSD\\Thermaltake 1200w PSU
PC Wishlist: 27" GSync, 4TB HDD, KB
2 years ago#8
I use a Dualshock 3 because of the great D-Pad. For 2D games I've never been able to get used to using a joystick for movement. A D-Pad just feels much better for some reason.
2 years ago#9
The SilentCaay Channel -
Featuring APB: Reloaded & Hearthstone! Game giveaways with each new vid!
2 years ago#10
I used hori for my fighting games, with x input emulator.
God created the world, everything else are made in China
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which controller for pc gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived