This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So it's harder to make money on youtube now?

#1happyscrub1Posted 12/14/2013 5:09:31 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfHdasuWtI

Edit: This is way bigger than angry joe. This is EVERYONE who has a youtube channel and makes money off it. Youtube just took away the income of 1000's of people in an instant and now they are wondering how they are gonna make ends meet.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Youtube+Copyright+&sm=12

---
Never forget.... Building #7
#2happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 5:00:59 PM
Ouch, I feel bad. 13 mins in, he goes on to talk about how it effects his lively hood.... how he quit his job 4 years ago and been living off youtube since.
---
#3happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 5:03:15 PM
Oh wow... lost of youtube channels are ablazed!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Youtube+Copyright+&sm=12
---
#4ScroePosted 12/14/2013 5:03:17 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Ouch, I feel bad. 13 mins in, he goes on to talk about how it effects his lively hood.... how he quit his job 4 years ago and been living off youtube since.

Yeah it sucks if he has to get a real job now instead of leeching off of other people's hard work
---
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs
#5MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/14/2013 5:04:49 PM
Scroe posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Yeah it sucks if he has to get a real job now instead of leeching off of other people's hard work

What part of having great entertainment skills and great editing skills isn't part of a real job?
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#6happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2013 5:07:42 PM(edited)
Wow! I'm looking at snippets of all these videos and it look like 1000's or maybe 10,000's of people are out of work cause of this change. Damn! People who made careers out of this are out
---
#7KabtheMentatPosted 12/14/2013 5:07:22 PM
Scroe posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

Don't be one of those guys. Because you're going to get crushed for being a dumbass.

And no, I'm not a fan of Angry Joe. Don't care about him at all, but he's right.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#8KabtheMentatPosted 12/14/2013 5:09:51 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
Wow! I'm looking at snippets of all these videos and i look like 1000's or maybe 10,000's of people are out of work cause of this change. Damn! People who made careers out of this are out

The funny part is that now Google will be out millions and millions of dollars as well, because gaming channels are among the most popular channels on Youtube.

And if push comes to shove, these guys won't completely disappear...there's too much money to be made from doing what they do for that to happen. They'll just go somewhere else and all Google will have accomplished is cutting down on traffic to Youtube. Which only hurts themselves.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/14/2013 5:10:29 PM
Scroe posted...
happyscrub1 posted...

His job is a game reviewer. It's perfectly valid and it sucks that this is happening to him. Now let's players who just talk and spout stupid comments with regular footage in the background definitely deserve to not get money. Anyone could do what they do. Those people should get real jobs but actual reviewers who give information and intelligent insight into games do have real jobs and youtube needs to make that distinction.
#10exclusiveburnerPosted 12/14/2013 5:11:43 PM
Job security.....eventually it effects everyone. Surprised it didn't happen sooner.