This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I have to reinstall Windows 8 if I change my motherboard?

#21petran78Posted 12/15/2013 9:31:21 AM
no need to. Just uninstall older mb drivers and utils in safe mode first.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#22ThescyyPosted 12/15/2013 9:42:00 AM
Actually windows 8 has the ability to boot through on different boards, it doesn't always work but I was able to switch to a 2011 board from a socket 1155 board and just had to install the new drivers once it booted up. Really the one huge thing that used to be the issue was the storage drivers since that would just bsod you every time.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 2133mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#23cmincPosted 12/15/2013 10:20:56 AM
I've had a lot of luck downloading Windows OS torrents and installing them through flashdrives and then calling tech support with my valid license key and acting stupid until they make everything right.

Most consumers that call the tech lines have no idea what anything is, does or means and, on some level, the people on the other end really get off on the feeling that they know something that you're 'clueless' about. I say get comfy playing that to your advantage or just buy the 100 dollar 8.1 disc off newegg that exists for this sort of thing.

Blaming everything on a virus that 'messed everything up' and made you restore everything to factory 'cuz google said', helps, too. Just remember that you've 'never upgraded any parts' and 'what the F is a motherboard?! I'm scared to touch this thing, much less open it up' when the time comes and you ought to be fine.

Whole process usually takes about 15 minutes.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3| Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
#24myztikricePosted 12/15/2013 10:28:30 AM
why would you need to call them once you've already downloaded the torrent? they all come with cracks or precracked that allow updates
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#25petran78Posted 12/16/2013 8:23:54 AM
myztikrice posted...
why would you need to call them once you've already downloaded the torrent? they all come with cracks or precracked that allow updates

oh no...soap! soap quick!
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.