This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The year is 2013 and I am playing....

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 12/15/2013 6:38:43 AM
http://www.gog.com/game/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#12darthsephyPosted 12/15/2013 6:41:39 AM
Playing FF7, still as good as it ever was (I still like FF5 and FF6 more but the PS era games are still great).
---
---lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo
---ololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
#13GTL581Posted 12/15/2013 7:15:06 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
JRPGs were on consoles and RPGs were on PCs, that's basically the way it was for a LONG time. And then with the Xbox, RPGs started dropping on console, and the 360 and PS3 made it common for RPGs to be released across the boards while JRPGs crawled away to handhelds.

And games have definitely been dumbed down since to accommodate console gamers.

Look at what Bioware has become, and bethesda. It's just been a mess ever since. Having to down down mechanics to work on controllers and dumb down plots to appeal to casuals hurt the genre pretty bad.

i was agreeing with you i that sense. but wrpgs have been on both since the start. ultima is a good example of that. ultima 1 was on atari systems, and the rest followed that, even ultima 7 was on snes. these were of course dumbed down version to fit console limitations, but it was still happening. companies have been making shoddy ports of successful pc games for as long as gaming has been around. most of blizzards games were on consoles throughout the 90s, starcraft, diablo, warcraft. every one of them (diablo being the only one that is relevant to this thread). it's really nothing new. the hit in quality that pc games have been suffering the past few years is however.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#14Cool_Dude667Posted 12/15/2013 5:23:40 PM
The sad thing is most mainstream gamers would feel overwhelmed because of the status quo already set for the past 10years.

Hopefully SP:SoT is decent
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#15GTL581Posted 12/15/2013 6:01:10 PM
what's sp:sot?
---
pm me for an add
#16Cool_Dude667Posted 12/15/2013 6:16:07 PM
GTL581 posted...
what's sp:sot?

south park stick of truth
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#17GTL581Posted 12/15/2013 6:25:50 PM
ahhh, completely forgot about that. if it ever comes out
---
pm me for an add
#18ElDudorinoPosted 12/15/2013 6:49:20 PM
Meh... I could never get into Arcanum. Tried on three separate occasions and on the third I felt like I might stick with it but then I ran into a bug that ate all of my save files and so I gave up on it. I just don't feel like they did a good job with the gameplay, compared to Fallout or Baldur's Gate or the rest of those games. I did recently play through Fallout 2 for like the 10th time though and I'll give Planescape: Torment another runthrough before too long. PS:T is still my favorite RPG ever, and I helped kickstart the new Planescape game (not that they needed the help!) because even if they can pull off something 80% as good as PS:T it will still be freaking awesome.

But anyway. Awesome old games don't stop being awesome when newer games with better graphics come out. Sure, some games will lose a bit of their shine as newer games with better mechanics come out, but true greatness will remain great.