This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Highly regretting my Android tablet purchase, should have went Windows

#11SUPER3METROIDXPosted 12/15/2013 8:05:16 AM(edited)
Wyand_Voidbring posted...
You can't DO anything on it. You can only CONSUME things.

Yeah.... That's kind of the point of a tablet...
A 200 device that is super portable with an amazing screen, good speakers, and good battery life. A device that you can hold in one hand and lay in bed and watch your movies and shows on, listen to music, play games on, have documents and yes you can create basic ones although I don't even know why you'd want to on a touchscreen, windows or not.
No windows device can match the nexus 7 at that price. You'll have to deal with RT (which is much much more useless) and lesser hardware. If you wanted a solid productive device at $200 then there's pretty much the chromebook. If you want something better you'd have to spend much more money and then you're just getting a different device. It seems you don't understand what consumer tablets are for.

Also there's tons of good games out that aren't full of IAP, sorry if you actual have to pay for them.
There's also the ability to enjoy past classics provided you do it in a responsible way.
#12reincarnator07Posted 12/15/2013 8:03:59 AM
I use my iPad for web browsing, social networks and watching videos. I also do play games on it from time to time. There are good games, you just have to look around a little.

Sounds like you don't want a tablet tbh.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#13Xantose161Posted 12/15/2013 8:06:28 AM
I have had my Motorola xoom tablet for 3-4 years now and this is exactly why I am debating about trading it in for a windows tablet, which from what I've seen actually feel like a laptop in a tablet form.
---
I7 2600K 3.4GHz | GTX 470 1280MB SC | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Corsair 2x 4 GB | 120GB Intel 5140 SSD | CM Silent Pro 850W | 120MM Liquid Cooler | CM HAF 922
#14ShubPosted 12/15/2013 8:30:44 AM
Xantose161 posted...
a windows tablet, which from what I've seen actually feel like a laptop in a tablet form.

They don't just feel like it, they simply are laptops in tablet form.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15clowningPosted 12/15/2013 12:09:39 PM
This topic has devolved into quibbling over the definition of a tablet.

I consider a tablet to be something in "tablet form" as someone said. The OS is not what makes a tablet a tablet, but rather it's size and physical structure. So a tablet running Windows 8.1 is a tablet.

A hybrid would be a laptop that can work like a tablet by reversing/flipping the touchscreen, and folding it over the keyboard; but it would still be a laptop, with a built in keyboard, as opposed to an add-on removable keyboard, which is not necessary for tablets.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#16capgamerPosted 12/15/2013 12:32:01 PM
I regret getting my Windows 8 tablet. I went kinda overboard because I thought they were cool and I'd just gotten a new job. I got an Acer Iconia. It's too much power and Windows 8 is not thought out enough for touch... so basically it becomes nothing but a laptop since you have to plug in a keyboard and/or mouse anyway to use 95% of programs out there.

Basically, the whole idea of a Tablet with Windows sounded a lot better in my head than what I got in person.

If you're going to get one, I would suggest one more around the $300-$400 price range. You're not going to be able to do what you want on it without turning it into a glorified laptop anyway, so if you want to do more CPU/graphics-intensive stuff, just get a laptop.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#17Orestes417Posted 12/15/2013 12:43:19 PM
Windows 8 itself is fine for touch. 99.99% of Windows software however is not and most of it never will be because it's no longer actively developed.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#18_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 12/15/2013 1:08:57 PM
I find my iPad works perfectly for productivity with a keyboard case and apple's suite of apps now being free. I would never purchase something like a Surface pro that has half the battery life of an iPad while also being heavier and having a fan. If I want a laptop I'll just use my laptop.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#19Englandfc1966Posted 12/15/2013 1:29:37 PM
Should have got a Surface Pro 2, TC, much better than any Android (poor people) or iOS (stupid people) tablet/hybrid.