This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox One or PS4 controller for my PC?

#1R_JackalPosted 12/15/2013 11:54:31 AM
So, couch gaming on PC--I enjoy it from time to time, then there's games like Dark Souls/State of Decay that have sub-par KBM controls. Unfortunately, my long-standing PS3 controller just died. Now, in the market for a new controller--anyone with experience with either or both of these with opinions on what I should grab next?
#2MadPinoRagePosted 12/15/2013 12:03:58 PM
I'm not familiar with native support for XB1 or PS4 controllers, but the XB360s wired controller is supported by a lot of games.
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#3sonicteam2k1Posted 12/15/2013 12:08:07 PM
MadPinoRage posted...
I'm not familiar with native support for XB1 or PS4 controllers, but the XB360s wired controller is supported by a lot of games.

and wireless
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#4chris121691Posted 12/15/2013 12:09:05 PM
xbox.
#5R_Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 12:12:01 PM
I know both of them are natively supported for PC now, just wondering about the opinion of fellow PC gamers considering mentioning anything remotely comparative on any PS4/XB1 forum starts a flame war. <_<
#6steveboblarryPosted 12/15/2013 12:12:49 PM
The official drivers for the xbox one controller are not ready yet
---
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.
#7wassup3Posted 12/15/2013 12:13:28 PM
Have a wired Xbox 360 controller. Works pretty well. Not sure why you would want to spend the extra money on the newer controllers.
---
"I can drive my hummer through your loophole."-Arnold S.
"Guiliani says three things in a sentence: A noun, a verb, and 9/11"-Joe Biden
#8xSoldier24xPosted 12/15/2013 12:14:00 PM
R_Jackal posted...
So, couch gaming on PC--I enjoy it from time to time, then there's games like Dark Souls/State of Decay that have sub-par KBM controls. Unfortunately, my long-standing PS3 controller just died. Now, in the market for a new controller--anyone with experience with either or both of these with opinions on what I should grab next?

ps4 for bigger handed guys
---
The Wire- One of the most intense well written and elaborate shows out.
#9chris121691Posted 12/15/2013 12:15:57 PM
xSoldier24x posted...
R_Jackal posted...

ps4 for bigger handed guys

Isn't it the opposite?
Well I can't really say I've tried to xbox yet, but I just couldn't get comfortable with the ds4. It's a lot better than the ds3 but for some reason it was just hard for me to use the analog sticks as well as I'd like.
Maybe because I'm used to xbox
#10R_Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 12:16:59 PM
wassup3 posted...
Have a wired Xbox 360 controller. Works pretty well. Not sure why you would want to spend the extra money on the newer controllers.

Difference of ~10 dollars, little more for XB1/360. Better/newer tech/design choices behind them.

Also, thanks. I think I'll go with the PS4 controller then, plus I like fighters and the PS controllers have always been a bit better due to the dpad.