This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought W8.1 tablet, recommend me Point and Click games for touchscreen

#1LordVyPosted 12/15/2013 1:49:34 PM
I just bought an ASUS T100, and I'd like to use it to play Point and Click games with my fingers or a stylus, so I guess no games where you need to right click? I've can only remember playing those Freddy Fish style point&click games, back in the day. What games (age doesn't matter) should I play?
#2r7gerrabbitPosted 12/15/2013 1:57:46 PM(edited)
Civilization V
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (this one runs at ass framerate on the T100 though)

The Longest Journey
Sam & Max Season 1 and 2
Broken Sword series (newest one just came out after years)
Fallout 1 and 2

Diablo and Diablo 2 would probably work OK with touch screen. Wouldn't be as fluid though. You need to stop moving to use abilities (unless multi-touch works?)

The Witcher 1 should be playable as well. With a stylus preferably.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#3ShubPosted 12/15/2013 1:54:20 PM
- Most ScummVM games
- Games by Wadjet Eye Games
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4capgamerPosted 12/15/2013 3:17:12 PM(edited)
I'm going to tell you something you won't want to believe, but at least you can say someone warned you ahead of time! :)

Very, very few games will work properly with only the touch screen. I've struggled with it, and you can't get the vast majority of games to be in what I would consider a "playable" state without plugging in a mouse and/or keyboard.

Even games which seem tailor-made for it like Torchlight 2 as an example are so awkward that it's nearly impossible to do anything besides auto-attack stuff.

EDIT:
Point being, I haven't found any game I enjoy playing with only the touch screen. Period. The one that came closest was "The Incredible Machine" and even then it made things 10 times harder than they would have been with a mouse.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#5capgamerPosted 12/15/2013 3:22:43 PM
One suggestion I will make is to get yourself a cheap little trackball mouse. That'll open up your options a lot as to what you can play. Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/CE-Compass-Wireless-HandHeld-Trackball/dp/B008CYA2HW/ref=lp_172499_1_13?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1387149746&sr=1-13
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown