This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheapest usb wifi adapter

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheapest usb wifi adapter

User Info: Cyrus2009

3 years ago#1
Where (in store) can i find a cheap as can be wifi adapter? And will i be able to connect to the internet using my wireless router? Noob question i know
GameFAQs or BlogFAQs you decide.

User Info: Ep1taph303

3 years ago#2

User Info: Fade2black001

3 years ago#3
The cheaper you go the crappier they are.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: Omegachaos87

3 years ago#4
Netgear wireless adapter. They're cheap and they work pretty well.

User Info: Ivany2008

3 years ago#5
Just go and buy a Netgear wifi extender. Its about 40 bucks(Canadian, so about 30 bucks American give or take a few), hooks into your electrical outlet and acts as a wireless access point for anything in your room giving it a full 4 bar connection. A good one will also have a ethernet port on the side so you can plug your computer directly into it.

Stay away from USB versions of them. From personal experience, I had one overheat to the point where it stopped detecting the internet completely. The version I mentioned prior doesn't even power by your computer and keeps your internet nice and stable. If you lack outlet space, just grab a decent surge protector for again 40 dollars.

I should note that at least from my point of view I have only had a couple issues with the Netgear wifi extender I have, but thats more or less a couple of dropped signals which fix themselves fairly quickly.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cheapest usb wifi adapter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived