This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheapest usb wifi adapter

#1Cyrus2009Posted 12/15/2013 9:06:26 PM
Where (in store) can i find a cheap as can be wifi adapter? And will i be able to connect to the internet using my wireless router? Noob question i know
---
GameFAQs or BlogFAQs you decide.
#2Ep1taph303Posted 12/15/2013 9:07:21 PM
Boats
#3Fade2black001Posted 12/15/2013 9:09:43 PM
The cheaper you go the crappier they are.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#4Omegachaos87Posted 12/15/2013 9:53:15 PM
Netgear wireless adapter. They're cheap and they work pretty well.
#5Ivany2008Posted 12/15/2013 10:42:12 PM(edited)
Just go and buy a Netgear wifi extender. Its about 40 bucks(Canadian, so about 30 bucks American give or take a few), hooks into your electrical outlet and acts as a wireless access point for anything in your room giving it a full 4 bar connection. A good one will also have a ethernet port on the side so you can plug your computer directly into it.

Stay away from USB versions of them. From personal experience, I had one overheat to the point where it stopped detecting the internet completely. The version I mentioned prior doesn't even power by your computer and keeps your internet nice and stable. If you lack outlet space, just grab a decent surge protector for again 40 dollars.

I should note that at least from my point of view I have only had a couple issues with the Netgear wifi extender I have, but thats more or less a couple of dropped signals which fix themselves fairly quickly.