This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stuck at startup repair..

#1Gmoney-Posted 12/15/2013 10:21:38 PM
Yeah so today I got an Xbox one. Decided to hook it up and had to shift my PC the tiniest bit. I don't think it could of hurt anything.

So I turn it on and plug my iPhone in. Later on in the evening I turn my monitor on to a black screen so I hard reboot.

Now, no matter the option I choose.. Safe mode or last good configuration... It always just goes straight to startup repair.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#2Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 10:31:21 PM
It ran for like 4 hours earlier to no avail. I'm really stressing out. I've got a lot of pictures and stuff I don't want to lose.
---
#3WerdnAndreWPosted 12/15/2013 11:04:36 PM
Have you run startup repair?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#4Dipfoot20Posted 12/15/2013 11:13:46 PM
It's probably your Harddrive.
---
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af50/benek00/silvarockstar.gif
#5Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 7:57:50 AM
Have you run startup repair?

All night.
---
#6spanishbobPosted 12/16/2013 9:06:38 AM
Leave it to run through on Startup Repair. It can take AGES. If it can't repair it on the first pass, it'll run through again trying something else to fix the install (and so on and so forth). Eventually, if it can't be repaired, you'll get a message on screen informing you so. I had to do this with the missus' laptop the other day, but yeah, the first time round it was going all night.
#7Flaktrooper123Posted 12/16/2013 9:14:31 AM
Try resetting the bios maybe, got into that loop once, but it was because of failed manual overclocking attempt. Maybe you set loose one of your hard drive cables.
#8Gmoney-(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 9:50:08 AM
My friend stuck the HDD into his PC and same issue.

So either it's dead but it's only like 3 years old.

I'm gonna try repairing with a windows cd. That doesn't delete my stuff does it?

My problem is I'm 26 and have pictures from back in high school to my puppies and stuff. I'd be super sad to lose it.
---
#9DerPancakePosted 12/16/2013 9:56:35 AM
Gmoney- posted...

I'm gonna try repairing with a windows cd. That doesn't delete my stuff does it?

My problem is I'm 26 and have pictures from back in high school to my puppies and stuff. I'd be super sad to lose it.

You have an option to only reinstall windows, you wont lose all your personal stuff.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#10El MagnificoPosted 12/16/2013 10:06:06 AM
Gmoney- posted...

A repair install won't delete your personal files, but right now I probably wouldn't want to write a whole bunch of data to the drive. If your drive is failing or if the file table got corrupted, then writing to the drive will make it much harder to recover files since you might overwrite your existing files. I think the best thing to do would be to hook up the drive to a working PC and use that other PC to recover files with tools like TestDisk or Recuva. Also, I would stop using any other Windows repair functions since they write to the drive and increase the likelihood for files to be unrecoverable.