This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Overclocking Simplified with Afterburner

#1skillfactorPosted 12/15/2013 10:35:19 PM
I need a little guidance here.. mostly with the voltage tweaking. Correct where I'm wrong

-You want to keep the Core Voltage low and this is only raised to stabilize higher clock speeds. I assume if you can ramp up the core and memory clock and keep this low you're lucky.

-Power Limit. I don't touch this or the temp limit. Not sure what it means

-Core Clock. Higher is better

-Memory Clock. Higher is better

-Fan Speed. Raise this until temps are stabilized in the 60-70 range while gaming.
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#2SleepComaPosted 12/15/2013 10:40:12 PM
Is that for your new 780?
---
Duck Butter
#3skillfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2013 10:45:26 PM(edited)
yep lol
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / MSI 780 Twin Frozr / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#4vogelhutPosted 12/15/2013 11:34:00 PM
Higher is not automatically better. Use a good benchmark program to make sure you're actually making gains in performance with each subsequent increase in core or memory clock. Overclocking too far can actually decrease performance, even if it's still stable.
#5KURRUPTORPosted 12/16/2013 5:51:03 AM
You can leave most fans alone since they have power profiles that will adjust the speed depending on the temperature of the card.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/16/2013 6:28:30 AM
skillfactor posted...
I need a little guidance here.. mostly with the voltage tweaking. Correct where I'm wrong

-You want to keep the Core Voltage low and this is only raised to stabilize higher clock speeds. I assume if you can ramp up the core and memory clock and keep this low you're lucky.

-Fan Speed. Raise this until temps are stabilized in the 60-70 range while gaming.

Power limit, slide it all the way

Raise voltage to +.38

Raise Core clock 100mhz, run a benchmark. See how it goes. Fine, add more, benchmark. Keep going until you become unstable.

Default Core, repeat the same with memory, once you find the absolute max with both then you can combine the two and lower each to make it stable

Also, make sure you have OSD turned on in Afterburner so you can watch your temps and voltage, if the voltage gets throttled due to heat, you'll need to work on the fan profile to keep it below that.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#7skillfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 7:37:03 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
skillfactor posted...

Raise voltage to +.38

Raise Core clock 100mhz, run a benchmark. See how it goes. Fine, add more, benchmark. Keep going until you become unstable.

Default Core, repeat the same with memory, once you find the absolute max with both then you can combine the two and lower each to make it stable

Also, make sure you have OSD turned on in Afterburner so you can watch your temps and voltage, if the voltage gets throttled due to heat, you'll need to work on the fan profile to keep it below that.

Thumbs up! Thanks
---
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / MSI 780 Twin Frozr / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/16/2013 7:39:31 AM
skillfactor posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
skillfactor posted...

Raise voltage to +.38

Thumbs up! Thanks

Also, if you experience throttling, just check your power usage and lower the clocks a small tad, like 25mhz each to see if it goes away. If you want higher clocks, find skyn3ts bios and flash your card to remove that bs.

and np
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You