This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How/Why am I getting ads on my laptop when I can't even see the ads popped up?

#1zerooo0Posted 12/16/2013 9:51:45 AM
I hear the ads, but their is no notification of them. It's very annoying, and I have no idea how to exit out of these ads. No pop up happens, and it's just random.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2KnifegashPosted 12/16/2013 9:55:29 AM
Websites are riddled with scripts that push all kinds of crap to you. They're shooting ads at you any way they can in hopes that of the vast majority that ignore them, one or two sales is considered a success, and it will never end.

Download Adblock Plus and forget it. Sites need ads to- blah blah blah, companies want to be moral-free in their tactics, well so can you.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/16/2013 10:00:33 AM
Knifegash posted...
Download Adblock Plus and forget it. Sites need ads to- blah blah blah, companies want to be moral-free in their tactics, well so can you.

Amen to that. Adblock for life!
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#4DerPancakePosted 12/16/2013 10:04:00 AM
Knifegash posted...
Websites are riddled with scripts that push all kinds of crap to you. They're shooting ads at you any way they can in hopes that of the vast majority that ignore them, one or two sales is considered a success, and it will never end.

I hope you at least support gamefaqs...
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#5MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/16/2013 10:08:18 AM
DerPancake posted...
Knifegash posted...

I hope you at least support gamefaqs...

Isn't Gamefaqs owned by some big american media company? In which case, they don't need money.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:09:01 AM
I'm using Firefox, and it says I have adblock plus 2.4 enabled, but they're still getting through somehow.

Trust me the first thing I always do is get adblock lol. It's working great on videos, but the pop up ads are still getting through somehow.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#7Doomsday FortePosted 12/16/2013 10:15:20 AM
Throw on NoScript too. It's kinda hard to use since it will break almost every site you'll use, but you can actively whitelist anything permanently or temporarily to get sites working well.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#8xKynOxPosted 12/16/2013 10:15:41 AM
yeah gamefaqs need ad revenue
look at the bottom of the page

2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 10:24:56 AM
Odd, I just closed out of Firefox, and the ad was still playing through...this is odd?
---
#10wizardmonPosted 12/16/2013 10:29:19 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Odd, I just closed out of Firefox, and the ad was still playing through...this is odd?

CTRL + ALT + Delete and look at your open processes. Be sure to be looking at processes from all users.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)