This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do i need to worry about the size of the gpu and a power supply

#11SlaynPosted 12/18/2013 1:22:58 PM
I have never had a computer that couldn't fit a GPU or PSU. I have been running 2 GPU for a while now and never had a problem on either case they were installed on. I never did research on either case to make sure it would fit, I just bought what I liked. In 17 years of building computers, I have never had a fitment problem ( although video cards haven't always been the size of bricks ).
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#12PhilOnDezPosted 12/18/2013 1:41:47 PM
The case I went with personally is about as small as an MATX case can get while still fitting full sized components. My gpu fit fine with about an inch and a half of clearance to the front of the case. It also accepted a full size ATX PSU with the caveat of it wouldn't take a modular PSU without removing the lone HDD bay (which I might do and just make a mount for my HDD elsewhere, maybe put it in my empty disc drive slot, the case has no management whatsoever so all my unused cables are just crammed into the empty bay).

I'm not sure which case you're considering but unless it's mITX there's a 99% chance your PSU of choice will fit fine. Even if it is mITX, most of the ones that don't accept normal sized ones will come with one included.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 2:36:55 PM
so... i dont need to worry about anything else right? just the power supply for my gtx 780? which one is good?
#14ShubPosted 12/18/2013 5:14:31 PM
lolamericans posted...
just the power supply for my gtx 780? which one is good?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550m is a good value for a modular unit.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 is nice if you don't care if it's not modular.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15lolamericans(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 7:37:02 PM
ok thanks. i also measured it and a gtx 780 is gonna fit in fine. so yeah i just gonna have to wait for a sale.