This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a keyboard, please?

#1acehunter71Posted 12/16/2013 11:39:27 AM
I just bought a Razer Deathadder 2013 6400 dpi mouse and want to complete the set with a good keyboard.

What spurred me is that I'm using a Microsoft wireless set for both and I'm sick and tired of delayed response times and having to re-hit keys over and over again (signal is not an issue as it acts this way no matter where the receiver is positioned).
---
~Spaceballs The Signature~
May your Schwartz be with you...which is coincidentally smaller than my Schwartz. I just hope you "handle it" well!
#2aak57Posted 12/16/2013 11:41:14 AM
budget
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#3PraetorXynPosted 12/16/2013 12:22:45 PM
Absolute best backlit keyboard (much better than Ducky, and not much more expensive cosidering you have to import Ducky):
Deck Legend - $172

Good backlit keyboard:
Cooler Master Quickfire line, pick your poison. They use Costar stabilizers like the Deck Legend.

If you don't care about backlighting:
Filco Majestouch V2
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4ph33r1es5Posted 12/16/2013 12:42:33 PM
Das keyboard
---
W8.1 [] Corsair 540 [] i5 4670k [] H100i [] GA-Z87X-D3H [] 16GB Dominator Platinum [] Vapor X 7950 [] Samsung 840 120GB [] 2x WD Blue 1TB [] HX650 V2
#5mccue166Posted 12/16/2013 12:45:24 PM
I second the CM Storm Quickfire series.
---
4770k, MSI MPower mobo, 16gb Corsair Dominator 2133MHz, Gigabyte Windforce 7970, 120gb 840 EVO, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Nanoxia Deep Silence 1, Corsair AX860
#6_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 12/16/2013 1:36:46 PM
I have a Filco Majestouch 2 and I love it. If you want something similar Costar made (with costar stabilizers) go for the Cooler master Quickfire rapid.

On this board, the duckies and the Corsair brands are the most often suggested. Probably because of the backlight. However, while Duckie makes a great keyboard (all cherry stabilizers though), I do not think Corsair deserves that kind of praise over brands like Leopold or Deck. Mainly because unlike some of those brands, who have been making solid peripherals without design flaws for ages, Corsair has had plenty of problems in just the two generation of peripherals they have put out. 1st generation the main problem were the drivers (not to mention their mechanical keyboards were not fully mechanical), but even this generation, an issue with the LEDs that stop working relatively often is reason enough for me not to recommend them, knowing there are TONS of mechanical keyboards and brands out there, even obscure brand ones like KBT, Noppoo and Keycool, that have products that work flawlessly without any common reported issue (there is a certain percentage of faulty products for every brand of course).

That said there are a lot of brands that offer a good products, the question is:
-What is your budget?
-What do you look for in a keyboard?
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#7acehunter71(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 1:59:05 PM
I appreciate these responses. Very informative! In response to the last; I'm looking for functionality but I love the idea of Blue LEDs. Something reliable. Price isn't too big because I'll take my favorite of your suggestions and keep an eye on ebay or whatnot until I can find my favorite option at a budget price. I'm patient!
---
~Spaceballs The Signature~
May your Schwartz be with you...which is coincidentally smaller than my Schwartz. I just hope you "handle it" well!