This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Opinions on this monitor? (Asus MX279H)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions on this monitor? (Asus MX279H)

User Info: son_gogetto

son_gogetto
3 years ago#1
So yeah, I've finally decided on a monitor I want, and that's the Asus MX279H. I'm decided on 27 inches and 1080P (only have a 7850 2GB, so that wont handle 1440p too well). Now I'm not too knowledgeable in monitors, so could you guys offer some thoughts on this panel?

A few issues I have:

Everywhere mentions it has a 5ms response time, but this site's review: http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/asus-mx279h-p14957/test.html
states that it's actually a lot slower than that. Any reason why that is? And is 12ms very bad? I love playing my fps', but I don't care too much about having the fastest reactions on the planet. I'd definitely prioritize how my games look.

How are the black levels on this? I see graphs and stuff, but that doesn't really make much sense to me. I don't want that sort of 'lit up grey' look on loading screens, and dark sections of games. I see this panel has a great contrast, but does that affect black levels?

If there really is a DEFINITE better monitor than this in the same price range and size/resolution, please let me know!
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)

User Info: Nightmare2398

Nightmare2398
3 years ago#2
for the price you can get a 1440p korean monitor... i have one and i think they're pretty amazing looking.
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)

son_gogetto
3 years ago#3
Yeah, but they are very risky with faults and difficulty returning them, my gpu cant really handle 1440p either.

Can I get some opinions on this Asus monitor please?

son_gogetto
3 years ago#4
bump steak
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Opinions on this monitor? (Asus MX279H)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived