This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend a gaming PC

#1robirminghamPosted 12/16/2013 1:46:05 PM
Total budget - $1,200.00 w/ monitor.

Would like to have something that works "out of the box."

I mainly want to play Skyrim on max settings with all the cool mods. Would also like to play a game like Battlefield 4 on high - very high settings.

The only PC game I've ever really played, besides Number / Word Munchers, is Civilization, so needless to say I'm out of my element.
---
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs
#2bluezeroPosted 12/16/2013 1:56:14 PM
Build your own. No, really. YouTube how to build one, get your parts list from this board or www.logicalincrements.com
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#3SzymaaPosted 12/16/2013 1:58:24 PM
Building your own PC is seriously easy if you put in the time to learn how.
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#4Cade6669Posted 12/16/2013 2:04:57 PM
Ecollegepc.com I think it's the best place to buy an out of the box gaming pc.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
I love you.
#5weskers errand boyPosted 12/16/2013 2:28:47 PM
Dude, you're getting a Dell. XPS 8700
---
RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
"Hello, are you sane? Are you a sane caller?" "Yes. Killer bees."
#6GoIrish80Posted 12/16/2013 2:35:40 PM
robirmingham posted...
play Skyrim on max settings with all the cool mods.

This statement definitely adds to the suggestion that you should build your own.

Not saying that the exact same amount of knowledge is required for mods as is building a computer, but this is (in my opinion at least) one of the huge pro's of PC's. You can get in there and put this stuff together yourself, and actually LEARN something in the process of playing games.

There's nothing overly complex about it, at least nowhere near as much as what people who have never done it make it out to be. I don't even consider the "It's cheaper to build your own" as much of a factor. Educate yourself on the process, on what makes a PC tick, and on what's powering those games you want to play.

PC gaming asks for more effort from the end user than consoles. No doubt about it. But I'm still trying to figure out what the "negative" is in being more educated on the devices that you're using everyday.

I'm a step-dad, and when I moved in with 3 kids (ages 10, 12, and 14) I take care of now not 1 of them knew jack about computers. Like 2 years later, all 3 of them have exponentially increased their PC knowledge. The youngest can install Minecraft mods by himself, the oldest is getting into using a Wacom tablet for graphic design.

And they loooooooooooove themselves some Steam lol.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2