This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Nvidia has PhysX...

#1MrMonkhousePosted 12/17/2013 3:31:37 AM
What does AMD have that can compete with that feature?
---
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#2KabtheMentatPosted 12/17/2013 3:44:25 AM
Uh, the fact that they cost like $100-$200 less for a comparably powered card?

Well, they did before the bitcoin ass clowns jacked up the prices. But that'll go back to normal in a few weeks.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3MarceloSampaioPosted 12/17/2013 4:04:53 AM
TressFX!!

:p
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#4dekouPosted 12/17/2013 4:39:53 AM
KabtheMentat posted...

Most of their cards don't even cost 200$. That's a huge hyperbole. The price difference tends to be tiny. It's as it always has been. AMD has a slight edge in price/performance ratio, while NVidia has better software and other extras. Right now, these include PhysX, ShadowPlay and NVidia Inspector.
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 12/17/2013 5:11:15 AM
Here where I live, the AMD cards are actually more expensive than Nvidia ones.

But I always had more luck with them. I had 4 NVIDIA cards, and all of them where more unstable than the AMD (or ATI) cards I had.

Now I decided to go AMD again, even if it was more expensive. And I'm not sorry. I rarelly suffer from crashes ever since I got it, while all my NVIDIA cards where a lot more unstable.
---
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 12/17/2013 5:22:51 AM
dekou posted...
KabtheMentat posted...

Most of their cards don't even cost 200$. That's a huge hyperbole. The price difference tends to be tiny. It's as it always has been. AMD has a slight edge in price/performance ratio, while NVidia has better software and other extras. Right now, these include PhysX, ShadowPlay and NVidia Inspector.

nVidia Inspector isn't an nVidia program. It's 3rd party.
nVidia has Cuda, PhysX, ShadowPlay, 3D Vision, GameStream, and GeForce Experience, as well as some extra business oriented apps, like nView for their Tesla cards.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 12/17/2013 5:32:36 AM
tressfx shampoo which afaik has only been utilized in one single game.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#8dekouPosted 12/17/2013 5:35:07 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
nVidia Inspector isn't an nVidia program. It's 3rd party.

I know. It's still nice and there's no AMD equivalent I know of. Who made it makes little difference to the end user.
#9ryouma17Posted 12/17/2013 5:35:14 AM
physx can be used on AMD cards, it just hits the performance harder, but unless you got a bad card the game will still be playable FYI you dont need 60+ FPs for a game to be playable, 40+ is perfectly fine
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#10MarceloSampaioPosted 12/17/2013 5:48:08 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
tressfx shampoo (...)

I laughed. :p
---