This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can people keep defending this game?

#1YuniuninuniunPosted 12/17/2013 11:37:39 AM
Bioshock Infinite
The game had only one redeeming quality, the art.

Gameplay was simple, once I got the rifle I was killing normal enemies in 1 shot and everything else in only a couple more. And let't not forget: 2 guns, all guns feel similar, vigors are useless, no hacking, no inventory system, and no fun.

Level design is poor and quite linear. Whenever they do have branches they don't reward you for exploring, well at one points they do reward you but it's only salts or something like that.

Story is also really bad. The time paradox thing was done very poorly and just feels rushed. The original little story they had going was much better. Why they decided to scrap that and rewrite, we'll probably never know.

The game had so much potential judging by the 2011 e3 footage. Levels looked large and open, skyrail combat looked fun, fighting song bird looked like a blast, and the tears actually looked like they added something to the story.

Why do people keep saying this is a major competitor for GOTY? It is more like a shell of a game that could have been. It's not complete.
This is coming from a guy who's ran through the first 2 Bioshocks probably 20 times each and the system shock games quite a bit too (not 20 times though)

I'll leave you with a video of what could have been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=attvYJb6xn8
---
Playing: Path of Exile, Ys: Memories of Celceta, various MMOs
#2OUberLordPosted 12/17/2013 11:39:32 AM
I largely agree. Infinite was probably the furthest from being a spiritual successor to Sustem Shock yet, and felt more like a generic shooter to me.
#3ThePCElitistPosted 12/17/2013 11:40:18 AM
Because people have opinions that are different than yours. In this case, more people liked the game in question than you did.
---
Server PC:
Xeon E5-2630, Gigabyte X79-UD3, 16 GB's CORSAIR Vengeance LP 1600mhz, Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB (x2), Seagate 4TB 7,200 rpm hdd, Corsair RM650
#4Ch3wyPosted 12/17/2013 11:41:24 AM
Because it's a damn good game.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5pothocketPosted 12/17/2013 11:41:59 AM
The gameplay was generic, the story and the way it was presented was aces. What makes you think this feels like a rushed rewrite?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6Kokuei05Posted 12/17/2013 11:42:09 AM
You played on the easiest difficulty.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#7Yuniuninuniun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 11:45:05 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...

That's just an opinion. I pointed out flawed aspects of the game, you can't argue against facts.

Kokuei05 posted...
You played on the easiest difficulty.

I played it like I play most games. Start on normal then replay on hard. Didn't even want to replay the game, it left and bad taste in my mouth and I wanted my money back. I guess I also forgot to mention that I bought one of the collector editions, waste of money that was.

---
#8OUberLordPosted 12/17/2013 11:44:08 AM
pothocket posted...
The gameplay was generic, the story and the way it was presented was aces. What makes you think this feels like a rushed rewrite?

Yeah, I do still consider the story to be fairly well done. I just got bored with the combat halfway through.
#9Ch3wyPosted 12/17/2013 11:44:26 AM
Yuniuninuniun posted...
Ch3wy posted...

That's just an opinion. I pointed out flawed aspects of the game, you can't argue against facts.

I can argue that they're not flaws, and you're just bad at liking good things.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10Yuniuninuniun(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 11:45:51 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Yuniuninuniun posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I can argue that they're not flaws, and you're just bad at liking good things.

Then please tell my how any of the flaws I listed aren't actually flaws. Then I'll accept your argument.
---