This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought one of these from Amazon.

#1ChromaticAngelPosted 12/17/2013 3:35:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBN32VK/

Mini review incoming:

So far, I've only tested this device with my Asus Transformer. It works, but I suppose that "working" is to be expected.

In addition to having a full keyboard layout (minus the numpad), it has two analog sticks, and you can set the device in either "gamepad" or "mouse" mode. In gamepad, it functions like a gamepad, but if you set it to mouse, it changes it so that the right analog stick works like a mouse. It also has L1/L2/R1/R2, and you R2 to send a left click. It also has a separate ABXY buttons that are different from the ABXY buttons on the keyboard in the center. I presume they only function in gamepad mode.

It's pretty light to hold. It weighs pratically nothing. As far as game controllers go, this is easily the lightest one I ever picked up. The analog nubs feel like the PSP's, but there are two of them. The directional keyboard buttons, normally on the right of the keyboard, have been moved to the left to make a dpad.

As for why I would buy such a thing... I actually bought it in anticipation of a new machine I intend to build meant for the living room. I needed a wireless keyboard that was small and easy to store. There aren't really a lot of options for something like this. Ipega has a sort of okay reputation when it comes to peripherals, but I couldn't find one made by Moga, or any other company. I thought about using the Sony version they made for the PS3, but I was unsure if I would be able to get it to work on a PC. This one is a lot more universal.

It's okay for the price I paid for it.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#2LordSeiferPosted 12/17/2013 4:01:40 PM
interesting. do go on.

what colour was the box?
---
^ this
#3ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 4:03:16 PM
LordSeifer posted...
interesting. do go on.

what colour was the box?

white/red cheap plastic, not a blisterpack.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#4wizardmonPosted 12/17/2013 4:08:59 PM
So did you ever get your defective Ouya controller yet?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#5ChromaticAngel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 8:27:55 PM
wizardmon posted...
So did you ever get your defective Ouya controller yet?

My Ouya controller works but it feels like a cheap POS
---
#6wizardmonPosted 12/18/2013 12:37:44 AM
Darn, I had high hopes for this post.

http://i.imgur.com/rjKgXkN.png
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)