This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman AA made me realize how spoiled I was on PC games

#1RequiemPosted 12/17/2013 5:18:03 PM
Like many of us, I got Batman AA and AC from the WB HB.

Played AA a bit... and while the controls were a bit rough (didn't like the fact that it wasn't compatible with logitech gamepad so had to use kb/m), it was fun.

But I was extremely annoyed that I couldn't save the game any time I wanted. I couldn't just quit so I can go do something else. I had to finish a mission to get to a cutscene. How exasperating!

Such a simple basic function that I took for granted on most PC games...
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#2skychanPosted 12/17/2013 5:25:38 PM(edited)
i just hate no windowed borderless and made for controller
hard to do shift+w+ctrl+mouse camera for me
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan
#3cuteboi100Posted 12/17/2013 5:29:01 PM
Requiem posted...

Played AA a bit... and while the controls were a bit rough (didn't like the fact that it wasn't compatible with logitech gamepad so had to use kb/m), it was fun.

But I was extremely annoyed that I couldn't save the game any time I wanted. I couldn't just quit so I can go do something else. I had to finish a mission to get to a cutscene. How exasperating!

That save function is needed because at the very moment when you want to or have to do something else in the middle of your game, going to find a save point becomes a chore. And who wants to pay to do chores?
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#4Ch3wyPosted 12/17/2013 5:39:58 PM
cuteboi100 posted...
Requiem posted...

That save function is needed because at the very moment when you want to or have to do something else in the middle of your game, going to find a save point becomes a chore. And who wants to pay to do chores?

I do. I used to pay my neighbor to mow his lawn.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5PraetorXynPosted 12/18/2013 10:00:39 AM
Ch3wy posted...
cuteboi100 posted...
Requiem posted...

I do. I used to pay my neighbor to mow his lawn.

Job is that you?
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#6PraetorXynPosted 12/18/2013 10:03:57 AM
I absolutely despise the lack of manual saves in modern games. But I'll do you one better; I get extremely annoyed when there's no Quicksave, even if there are manual saves.

Of courses sometimes I accidentally quicksave when I try to quickload (or vice versa) and it screws me.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#7doctoglethorpePosted 12/18/2013 10:05:30 AM
The game auto-saves every time you do anything that is worth saving. Pretty much anything aside from simply flying around the city beating up random prisoners minding there own business. Don't see what the issue is here.
#8pothocketPosted 12/18/2013 10:08:42 AM
Why couldn't you quit whenever you wanted? The game autosaves every single time you gain something. You wouldn't have lost anything.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#9Chaos_MissilePosted 12/18/2013 10:21:53 AM
doctoglethorpe posted...
The game auto-saves every time you do anything that is worth saving. Pretty much anything aside from simply flying around the city beating up random prisoners minding there own business. Don't see what the issue is here.

Does it autosave your LOCATION in the map? Or do you have to waste time and effort trekking all the way back to your last location just so that you can continue what you were previously doing?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#10pothocketPosted 12/18/2013 10:28:32 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
doctoglethorpe posted...

Does it autosave your LOCATION in the map? Or do you have to waste time and effort trekking all the way back to your last location just so that you can continue what you were previously doing?

Now you just sound like a whiner. I don't think you're going to find much pity just because a game is forcing you to grapple and glide across the city as the freaking Batman.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson