This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman AA made me realize how spoiled I was on PC games

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 12/18/2013 11:23:44 AM
pothocket posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
doctoglethorpe posted...
The game auto-saves every time you do anything that is worth saving. Pretty much anything aside from simply flying around the city beating up random prisoners minding there own business. Don't see what the issue is here.

Does it autosave your LOCATION in the map? Or do you have to waste time and effort trekking all the way back to your last location just so that you can continue what you were previously doing?

Now you just sound like a whiner. I don't think you're going to find much pity just because a game is forcing you to grapple and glide across the city as the freaking Batman.

this.

the only thing worth b******* about when it comes to saves in batman is the fact that you can't reexperience any of the cool moments unless you go through the whole thing again.

this ranks among one of the the stupidest design decision in gaming(the biggest one imo is unskippable cutscenes) and it's a travesty that they've allowed it to persist for 3 whole games.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#12crawdadPosted 12/18/2013 11:34:40 AM(edited)
I think he's talking about Asylum not City, he did say AA.

Where yes i can agree back tracking can be an annoyance. but even then, it saves every time you enter or exit a door and it saves that location too.

So it essentially CAN save anywhere.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#13LazyyAmericanPosted 12/18/2013 12:02:19 PM(edited)
I'm going to echo the sentiments of the previous poster....why the hell these guys can't do new game + correctly for 3 games now is mind blowing. Though that was more related to reloading a checkpoint....in a way it's the same issue because in order to use all your cool **** again you would have to create an entire new file.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#14Requiem(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 12:18:08 PM
pothocket posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
doctoglethorpe posted...
The game auto-saves every time you do anything that is worth saving. Pretty much anything aside from simply flying around the city beating up random prisoners minding there own business. Don't see what the issue is here.

Does it autosave your LOCATION in the map? Or do you have to waste time and effort trekking all the way back to your last location just so that you can continue what you were previously doing?

Now you just sound like a whiner. I don't think you're going to find much pity just because a game is forcing you to grapple and glide across the city as the freaking Batman.

It gets annoying and less immersive when you're exploring a location to solve puzzles / find a way to get to riddler trophies.
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#15Chaos_MissilePosted 12/19/2013 6:34:53 AM
pothocket posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
doctoglethorpe posted...

Sometimes, to save time, you'd just want to get from point A to point B ASAP. Isnt that one of the reasons WHY people hate random encounters in general?
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#16Bellum_SacrumPosted 12/19/2013 9:17:09 AM
Quicksaves = savestates = cheating = filthy casuals.

Quickloading should delete your quicksave.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."