This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So does the steam OS play all the windows games or just the lines games?

#11Flaktrooper123Posted 12/20/2013 6:35:52 PM
Well, you can have more than one operating system in one PC
#12greekgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 6:38:03 PM
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Well, you can have more than one operating system in one PC

I understand that but... Lets say I have the windows oparating system on the system but have the steam os running it will still be able to play both operating system games?
---
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]
#13Knight2520Posted 12/20/2013 6:47:30 PM
Shub posted...
A computer running SteamOS can only run Linux games.

---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#14TehPwnzererPosted 12/20/2013 7:20:17 PM
I've heard some people saying that any games you've purchased for Windows that also have linux support will run on Steam OS without having to re-buy it for Linux because steam only recognizes the titles you've [purchased and not the system you purchased it on. Any truth to this?
#15wizardmonPosted 12/20/2013 7:31:04 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
I've heard some people saying that any games you've purchased for Windows that also have linux support will run on Steam OS without having to re-buy it for Linux because steam only recognizes the titles you've [purchased and not the system you purchased it on. Any truth to this?

Yes, Steam already has been doing this for a long time now. You can do it right now if you wanted to.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#16Reverend_WilsonPosted 12/20/2013 7:51:37 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...

Not only that, but some games have cross platform cloud saves. For example, on Linux, I can literally continue where I left off in Mark of the Ninja on Windows.
---
Q Boned
#17MC RaZaRPosted 12/20/2013 8:56:50 PM
Valve will probably try to release more games that support Linux.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#18wizardmonPosted 12/22/2013 2:42:44 PM
MC RaZaR posted...
Valve will probably try to release more games that support Linux.

Valve releasing games?

lol.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#19Odin of KpxPosted 12/22/2013 3:06:31 PM
Valve releases plenty of games. They just don't release games with a 3 in the title.
#20Darkcloud20Posted 12/22/2013 3:17:22 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...

Yes Its also nice if you buy steam keys from third party sites and it has mac keys cheaper or only mac keys. Since they are for all versions it doesn't matter at all.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987