This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the greatest game EVER? And why?

#171somebody336Posted 12/18/2013 7:46:17 PM
Pong
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#172kukukupoPosted 12/18/2013 7:50:06 PM
There are several games I consider 'perfect'. Most of them are old.

Contra - perfect. You can use the well-known cheat code for ez mode, or learn to play it and go without
Life Force - see Contra
The original Legend of Zelda - so many different ways to play a great game. I play this one every year or two.
Chrono Trigger - perfect in nearly every way. I play this every other year or so as well.
Plants Vs Zombies - great levels/design and progression. Endless mode is great
Minecraft - open world, soo much to do
---
FC: 1091-8353-7458
#173flamerthrowaPosted 12/18/2013 7:50:28 PM
Pigfarts posted...
Starcraft 1 and MvC2

no explanation needed.

Mvc2 the only fighter I ever liked
---
http://tinyurl.com/awwpuv7 i recommend this book to everyone on gfaqs. a fantastic novel by VideoboysaysCube
#174GhennkinsPosted 12/18/2013 8:23:36 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Tetris.

/infantility

Someone got a dictionary for Christmas. Grats xD lololololololo......

Not joking, Tetris' strength is it's simplicity. There is no story, characters, dialogue, item reward for killing a boss, quests, missions, new power ups, nothing. It's just fitting shapes into place for as long as you can. That made it a timeless classic and more popular than mario, and everyone knows mario.

The other games mentioned in this thread and all games you can play maybe 3 times. Eventually, you'll know the ins and out of every aspect of Half-Life Doos Ex Mass Affect or any other linear story driven experience. Crono Trigger is a good game and I've played it through 4 times since it's release but I will never play it again. I know all there is to know about it. Everything. I can't say I won't ever play Tetris again though. It's bound to happen especially with push for more casual games across the board. The games probably won't even be called "Tetris" but they will definitely be Tetrislike. It was a pioneer of entire puzzle genre.

No one gives a care about how dated the graphics look in Tetris like they do Golden Eye or Perfect Dark or Vampire Bloodlines. Texture resolution or fps. It's timeless. it will still be remembered while Crono Cross and Vagrant Story will have been long long forgotten.

Anyway, grats on the dictionary! The gift of words is truly a joyous gift. Hug your mom for me. xD

lolololololololo....
#175ymmac1707Posted 12/18/2013 8:58:02 PM
Resident Evil 4 (gameCube) - a living action horror movie with outstanding game Play

Wind Waker HD - A living cartoon

COD Modern Warfare 2: Fun is an understatement

Ninja gaiden - NES

Super Metroid

Super Street Fighter IV; Supreme replay value
#176jamieyelloPosted 12/18/2013 10:46:06 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
The game you hate most

I hate that game you a******
---
And I will never ever ever ever ever write a song about the Sibbie.
#177eddy1nsanePosted 12/19/2013 2:03:34 AM
Tie-fighter
---
God created the world, everything else are made in China
#178MetalDialgaPosted 12/19/2013 7:04:44 AM
_NeroZero_ posted...
MetalDialga posted...
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Same for the 3rd, a great end and story itself

Shhh, don't offend the idiots who can't comprehend you can skip cutscenes.

I was surprised by how difficult it can be sometimes, even in Solid Normal, if you don't know exactly what to do. "Wait, deactivated Gekkos? Where? I can't see them in the middle of this snowstorm... Oh, right, he just popped from his 100% camouflage state into kicking me away with 1/4th Life remaining.

Not having the Rail Gun against these things is terrible.

It sucks, If I remember you can use chaff grenades to slow them down if they are awake.
---
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.
#179JaghavePosted 12/19/2013 7:05:49 AM
Super Mario 3

The hills have eyes the clouds have eyes no point thank heaven if there isn't a bell because it all a stage show from the moment the curtin rises to the ending love scene
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost