This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Baldur's Gate: EE worth the money?

#21Fade2black001Posted 12/18/2013 2:10:52 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
sauruschamp1 posted...
get the original on gog they just had the entire D&D bundle on sale so they might have it again. Grab both baldurs gate one and 2 and either use tutu or baldurs gate trilogy and some other mods this way you get the original experience with a wider variety of mods.

And spend half a hour waiting for mods to install and often break the game in numerous ways.

I heard the EE version is buggy as hell. So I guess you will be in the same boat.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#22GTL581Posted 12/18/2013 4:50:50 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
sauruschamp1 posted...
get the original on gog they just had the entire D&D bundle on sale so they might have it again. Grab both baldurs gate one and 2 and either use tutu or baldurs gate trilogy and some other mods this way you get the original experience with a wider variety of mods.

And spend half a hour waiting for mods to install and often break the game in numerous ways.

If mods are taking you 30 minutes to install then you're doing it wrong. And unless you put in a stupid amount of mods with many being from unreputable sources, then you're game will not break. Especially if the only ones are those which allow seamless play on modern systems. Bg tutu, trilogy, and the widescreen mod all work flawlessly, and won't cause bugs unless there's a user error
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#23Dark973Posted 12/18/2013 5:06:09 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
sauruschamp1 posted...

I heard the EE version is buggy as hell. So I guess you will be in the same boat.

Well you should go and get new sources. Had a few bugs at launch but has been patched several times.

I'd say buy the EE not only does it add new content the modified engine with the zooming and other ui clean up is more than worth it.

That is unless you still have a 640x480 screen....
#24Arsene-LupinPosted 12/18/2013 9:13:21 AM
Yeah.

If nothing else, BGEE is a wonderful example of why it's so important to get a stable game out when you release. Most of the biggest bugs were fixed within the first few weeks, yet here we are more than a year later and people still have an impression of the game that was only valid for a very brief window of time.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."