This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will DayZ likely go on sale during the Winter Sale?

#21mrCubePosted 12/18/2013 10:25:56 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
shdwdrgnix posted...
matu90rk posted...
Knifegash posted...
matu90rk posted...
30 dollars for the alpha version of a mod... I'm not against people spending their money however they want, but this is basically a scam. $10-15 would've been more appropriate.

This is not a mod, the release you see on the store is its own creation, I believe it's on a different engine than Arma 2 altogether right now. You're paying for the alpha version of a full game, whether you choose to pay now or later is hardly relevant, as you'll get to enjoy the unique experience of playing a game that's growing drastically as time passes.

I'd hardly call a zombie game a "unique experience" nowadays when the market is full of those, and even more when the game devolved into a team deathmatch. But again, if that's what floats your boat I'm not against it, I have got a few awful purchases under my belt so I'm not one to judge.

but the entire point of the game is to decide whether you trust someone or not. It's a realistic scenario and it didn't devolve because it was like that since the first day

It's a stupid point because if a zombie outbreak happened in the real world, 99% of the humans' you run into wouldn't just shoot you in the face for no reason, which happens in Day Z, War Z and any other survival game. More than likely human's would band together because it's easier to survive as a group rather than a lone wolfing it.

That's a stupid point because not everyone lone wolfs it, also you don't know what people would do in a zombie apocalypse.
---
---
#22SleepComaPosted 12/19/2013 11:51:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23OrgeLambartPosted 12/19/2013 12:51:15 PM
let me guess, the above poster is the guy who rolls around these multiplayer games with Aimbot, ESP, Wallhacks and any other cheat known to man in order to give himself an unfair advantage...

Don't answer that, like all the others you'll deny it while you go look on the cheat websites for the latest updates.

As for what I said, it still stands, you don't have to be a psychic to understand the way human nature works. Situations may change, but human nature never does.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#24CommonJoePosted 12/19/2013 1:04:39 PM
matu90rk posted...
Knifegash posted...
matu90rk posted...
30 dollars for the alpha version of a mod... I'm not against people spending their money however they want, but this is basically a scam. $10-15 would've been more appropriate.

This is not a mod, the release you see on the store is its own creation, I believe it's on a different engine than Arma 2 altogether right now. You're paying for the alpha version of a full game, whether you choose to pay now or later is hardly relevant, as you'll get to enjoy the unique experience of playing a game that's growing drastically as time passes.

I'd hardly call a zombie game a "unique experience" nowadays when the market is full of those, and even more when the game devolved into a team deathmatch. But again, if that's what floats your boat I'm not against it, I have got a few awful purchases under my belt so I'm not one to judge.

Clearly this guy never played DayZ.

Or he did and only played those dumb servers that missed the point of the game entirely.
---
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1