This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless PC gamepads are disappointing.

#1SolidKnightPosted 12/18/2013 7:49:34 AM(edited)
I recently went to look for a wireless controller for my computers and I was disappointed at the options.

My criteria: must use either bluetooth or a nano-receiver.

The amount of controllers that met my criteria: one--the Logitech F710.

Everything else was either designed for a phone or had a massive dongle. I'm curious as to why I would want a wireless receiver that is way larger than it needs to be and has a three to six foot cable? What's the purpose of that?

Did I overlook some lesser known controller? Anybody know of any that meet my criteria?
#2youngfossilPosted 12/18/2013 7:45:03 AM
PS3/4 controller or wireless 360 controller
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#3SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 7:49:58 AM(edited)
youngfossil posted...
PS3/4 controller or wireless 360 controller

Do they actually sync with your PC's bluetooth? When I looked at the Xbox controller, it had a giant dongle in the box. Further, I haven't heard of the PS3 controller being able to be used without using a USB cable and libusb.
#4WinpusPosted 12/18/2013 7:48:45 AM
360 controller is RF, and not only is the dongle huge, it also has a 3 ft cable.
#5Majoras_pantsPosted 12/18/2013 7:50:03 AM
Dualshock controller works with bluetooth. 360 controller requires a dongle.

I just go wired though. I hate having to charge controllers, and my couch is only like 15 feet from my TV anyway.

But wireless is definitely an option for those controllers and a variety of others.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#6protools1983Posted 12/18/2013 7:54:14 AM
360 controller is hands down the best. Just grab the official (very important) wireless usb dongle for $15 online. It works flawlessly.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?
#7SinisterSlayPosted 12/18/2013 7:54:18 AM
Those controllers with the cable and transceiver are all garbage. They usually have to be in line of sight of the transceiver and within a few feet.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8AnatomyHorrorPosted 12/18/2013 7:56:32 AM
You didn't do too much research TC. 360 wireless with receiver works fine. As does PS3/PS4 controllers via usb charge cable or bluetooth.
#9SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 8:01:15 AM
> Outlines criteria that excludes dongles.
> Gets told that he didn't do any research because the Xbox controller can be used with a dongle.
#10Majoras_pantsPosted 12/18/2013 8:04:08 AM
He means because you didn't look into PS3/4 remotes, probably.

I know the DS3 is AWFUL but if you really want a wireless controller the DS4 is a huge improvement and a viable option.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer