This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless PC gamepads are disappointing.

#21Majoras_pantsPosted 12/18/2013 10:14:09 AM
deadlyforceman posted...
Not sure why the dongle for the 360 controller is such a big deal...it's the best wireless controller for PC hands down. It works over RF and does not require line of sight.

I use mine for gaming and with xpadder to control XBMC on our TV.

Because it's expensive to buy the wireless controller, then the dongle, and then the plug and play kit unless you like crappy AA rechargables or spending a lot on batteries.

It's just too much money to be worth it for one controller. I'll stick to wired for $40 instead of wireless for 100.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#22Arsene-LupinPosted 12/18/2013 10:14:53 AM
I had nothing but trouble with the F710. Massive disappointment.

I'm currently using a wireless 360 pad and have had no issues. Will probably try and change over to a WiiU gamepad as their batteries are INSANE--I like the notion of only having to recharge once a year.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#23r0ge00Posted 12/18/2013 10:18:55 AM
Majoras_pants posted...
Because it's expensive to buy the wireless controller, then the dongle, and then the plug and play kit unless you like crappy AA rechargables or spending a lot on batteries.

It's just too much money to be worth it for one controller. I'll stick to wired for $40 instead of wireless for 100.

I got my official wireless controller with dongle for $36 or $37. A quality 4 pack of rechargeable batteries + charger is less than $12 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NSUMTO/
#24PraetorXynPosted 12/18/2013 10:59:32 AM
By "Official" I'm assuming everyone is meaning the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. To my knowledge, that's the only way to get hte official Microsoft receiver now.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#25SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 1:53:30 PM
deadlyforceman posted...
Not sure why the dongle for the 360 controller is such a big deal...it's the best wireless controller for PC hands down. It works over RF and does not require line of sight.

I don't want a huge dongle hanging off my laptop; especially since I plan to leave the nano-receiver plugged in. I'll test out the PS3 controller synced wirelessly but what, from what I'm reading, it may not always behave correctly.
#26SpacewhizguyPosted 12/18/2013 2:36:23 PM
Dragnfyr posted...
wildog2006 posted...
SolidKnight posted...
> Outlines criteria that excludes dongles.
> Gets told that he didn't do any research because the Xbox controller can be used with a dongle.

Your 'criteria' didn't mention the complete exclusion of dongles. The size of a 'nano-receiver' can vary between people and where it is located. Put that 360 receiver behind your desktop where you won't notice it. You also never said laptop, you said computers. Yes, it can imply laptop, but not explicitly.

The reason the 360 controller is the most recommended is because it works with little to no effort. Getting a PS3 controller working wirelessly can be a major pain in the ass, not to mention getting it to work in games that don't natively support it.

No need to be obtuse.

Nano receivers have a very well defined size. If it doesn't look like this then it's not a nano receiver. http://www.trendygadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nano-receiver.jpg

In addition to this, the TC said "Everything else was either designed for a phone or had a massive dongle". That very clearly means "I don't like dongles."

You failed at comprehension, wildog2006.
---
What's a sig?
#27sonicteam2k1Posted 12/18/2013 2:42:09 PM
the 360's wireless dongle thing has crazy range. I can go downstars in my house and the controller still functions. go for the wireless 360 controller.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#28SlaynPosted 12/18/2013 2:53:05 PM
I use a ps3 controller with a random bluetooth dongle I bought. I use Better DS3. There are 2-3 problems at least out there that give PS3 controller support, and they also emulate xbox360 controllers. Meaning games recognize it as a 360 controller for native support. The button prompts are obviously off, but you can manage figuring out which button is which.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505