This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DayZ SA sales 88k copies in 12 hours

#21Majoras_pantsPosted 12/18/2013 9:25:34 AM
lol water

If you don't like alphas, don't buy into it.

If you don't like betas, don't buy into it.

And since you don't like games in general, don't play games. Spend your days hating literally everything on the internet.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#22ThePCElitist(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 9:47:26 AM
Logical_One posted...
ghostwarrior79 posted...
Logical_One posted...
ghostwarrior79 posted...
:-0 ;-o

I don't care and WHO does?!

bye!

HELLO!? it's just a zombie horde mod for a military sim!

Either you never played it or you don't know what HORDE means...
---

gears of war horde mode. dayz is a turd wrapped in foil, skewed with fish hooks, and sold as earrings to PC gamers! WHAT an insult!

Never realized PCP was still a thing...
---

Lmao
---
I hate windows 8!
#23OUberLordPosted 12/18/2013 11:37:43 AM
water1111 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
water1111 posted...
Logical_One posted...
water1111 posted...
**** them, they'll delay proper release just to milk alpha for all its worth, and gg to the dumbass community for helping.

...you do realize that the final release will cost MORE than the alpha--right?
---

more expensive, less sales + Revenue. Its disgusting what PC gamin has because, you don't see this crap on consoles. I'm not interested in paying for Rockets blow and hookers.

Maybe you missed the part where this is an indie game.

Since when? Dayz is game by Bohemia Interactive a multimillion company with 200 employees. That's not ********** indie.

Most of those employees are working on ArmA 3. Hall's team is comparatively much smaller. It's not exactly indie, but it's not a marquee title either.

I'd say that DayZ SA is a proper alpha in all senses of the word, much as Minecrafts alpha was. A lot of the game isn't in yet, what is in is buggy, and a lot of it is still getting shaped based on feedback from the participants.
#24ghostwarrior79Posted 12/18/2013 10:18:39 PM
@ThePCElitist

I hate windows 8 too!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)
#25Lady UnePosted 12/18/2013 10:20:47 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
water1111 posted...
**** them, they'll delay proper release just to milk alpha for all its worth, and gg to the dumbass community for helping.

-Doesn't understand what alpha and beta is for.

--Also doesn't understand Alpha is where they make the LEAST money per sell under their release model.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
Wow. Kenny's a Japanese Princess..
#26MrMonkhousePosted 12/18/2013 11:09:23 PM
I just dont like the fact that people have to pay for an alpha or beta version of a game. Donations are fine, but buying an unfinished game is a no for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/r9pppzV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#27calcyclePosted 12/19/2013 1:21:06 AM
MrMonkhouse posted...
I just dont like the fact that people have to pay for an alpha or beta version of a game. Donations are fine, but buying an unfinished game is a no for me.

If you don't like it just don't play the alpha/beta and think of your purchase as a preorder.

there, simple.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#28MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/19/2013 3:07:59 AM
Wow, nice. It's great to see such a big reaction to something that started out as a mod!

water1111 posted...

Thanks for the reminder as to why I have you tagged as a downer. Seriously, cheer the hell up.
---
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
#29Erik212Posted 12/19/2013 3:29:22 AM
Thank god this was finally released so the dayZ community can leave Arma's. Now if only we could get rid of all the wasteland servers...
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.